• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting 3 starters this year, an example...

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

happens every year. the whole draft class has been selected before the Panthers pick, no matter how high we pick. its a thing to behold

Tell that to the 2017 New Orleans Saints... Kamara, Lattimore, Ramczyk, and Williams. All started for them last year. It can be done.

As much as I hate the Saints, that has to be one of the best drafts ever.....took NO from a likely losing record and poor season to one of the better teams in the league. It can certainly be done!

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be thrilled with it but it would take a lot of luck for Reid and Chubb to be there at those spots. 

And Chubb wouldn't be a starter. CMC is the starting RB but he needs a running mate.

I think Turner would use Chubb on a good amount of first downs. 

Lol after this FA of picking up about the same as we had last year we better hit it out of the park. Saints and Falcons are getting better not to mention the Eagles are better in every way. We would be 8-8 if the season starts today. 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Quenton Nelson would like a word with someone else being called the best guard in the draft....because that's insanity. 

Also some of those names in those rounds seem to be dreams right now

We'll have to wait and see. That's what everyone would've said back in '13 if someone called Kyle Long (#20 overall) the best OG in the draft over Jonathan Cooper (#7 overall) and Chance Warmack (#10 overall). Long proved to be the best of the bunch by a long shot. Cooper and Warmack are barely hanging on in the NFL while Long has been to multiple Pro Bowls.

If the this draft happenspopup.gif.6c74e2ddcf407bff2f94e7554bd4e550.gif

Moton to LT make Matt be the backup, I do not want a speed bump on the oline by the start of the season. Hernandez at LG with Moton would make for interesting dou. 

Reid would be a great pick-up for our S and Chubb would compliment CMC wonderfully.

That's not a bad draft but expecting to get Reid in the 2nd is very wishful thinking.  He might not be there for our first.  Harrison is an awful fit for what we need at safety.  He is just a strong safety and does not have experience at playing single high.  You don't want to get a rookie, make him change positions, and then count on him being your last line of defense.  That's not a very good plan.  The kid from Wake Forrest ( forgot his name) at safety will probably be there but he is really young.  He is pretty good but really young and came out as a redshirt sophmore.  

Chub in the 3rd?  Maybe, it's really hard to say with running backs.  But if he is not there the kid from Oregon or Penny from San Diego should be.  Either one of those kids should be solid enough to split time in the backfield.  Neither are is good as Chub but neither of them suck either and hey, maybe CAP gets a chance for some real playing time this year.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll have to wait and see. That's what everyone would've said back in '13 if someone called Kyle Long (#20 overall) the best OG in the draft over Jonathan Cooper (#7 overall) and Chance Warmack (#10 overall). Long proved to be the best of the bunch by a long shot. Cooper and Warmack are barely hanging on in the NFL while Long has been to multiple Pro Bowls.

What I love about Will Hernandez is that he showed up at every invited event. Senior Bowl he was one of the most impressive linemen. At the combine, he showed great athleticism for his size. Was in the top of almost of every event. He's a guy that every team with a guard issue supposedly wants but wants to take later because of "draft value". I wouldn't doubt Gettleman will take him in the early second round. Heck, even the Saints are taking a look at him right now. Imagine Alvin Kamara destroying our defense the next few years with a guard like Hernandez? 

11 minutes ago, bababoey said:

That's not a bad draft but expecting to get Reid in the 2nd is very wishful thinking.  He might not be there for our first.  Harrison is an awful fit for what we need at safety.  He is just a strong safety and does not have experience at playing single high.  You don't want to get a rookie, make him change positions, and then count on him being your last line of defense.  That's not a very good plan.  The kid from Wake Forrest ( forgot his name) at safety will probably be there but he is really young.  He is pretty good but really young and came out as a redshirt sophmore.  

Chub in the 3rd?  Maybe, it's really hard to say with running backs.  But if he is not there the kid from Oregon or Penny from San Diego should be.  Either one of those kids should be solid enough to split time in the backfield.  Neither are is good as Chub but neither of them suck either and hey, maybe CAP gets a chance for some real playing time this year.

I'd still be interested in Harrison because we need a SS too. Adams is what, 73 years old? But yeah, I'd much rather have a Reid type safety if we're taking one in the 1st which I think we'd have to take either of those guys in the 1st.

Give me

1. Reid- ball hawking FS

2. Chubb- between the tackles compliment RB for CMC

3. Frank Ragnow- OG/C, starts at LG and moves to Center next year

3b. Kyzir White- SS

4. Trade back up for Duke Ejifor

Ideally id try to trade down out of the first with a QB Hungry team and pickup another pick, and still grab Reid in the 2nd

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Give me

1. Reid- ball hawking FS

2. Chubb- between the tackles compliment RB for CMC

3. Frank Ragnow- OG/C, starts at LG and moves to Center next year

3b. Kyzir White- SS

4. Trade back up for Duke Ejifor

Ideally id try to trade down out of the first with a QB Hungry team and pickup another pick, and still grab Reid in the 2nd

I'd honestly be alright with this but poo ain't gonna happen.

Archived