• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tight End Luke Wilson visiting Panthers tonight.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Tell me exactly why he is an upgrade on Dickson - his stats are much worse over his entire career so tell me how he is going to come here and be better than Dickson ?

Although I hate the Huddler and haven't read the rest of this thread, I dont see where he said he is better than Dickson. Nobody is really asking him to be better. He is younger. Numbers don't really tell the whole picture. He can come into our systems and be much better. We dont know until it happens. We mainly need blocking and occasional catches from our #2 TE. As long as he is cheap. No need to get our panties in wads over depth players 

1 minute ago, KBRed said:

That's career. 

1327 Yards (Current TE Record) 17 TDs(current TE Record

Considering that the above is true for a single season TE stats....if dood man just went 89 1100 and 11 he'd be coming off one of the better seasons in TE history and wouldn't have been released or would have already signed a mega contract...I mean lol man wtf is going on....

Just now, App Panther said:

It was satire.

I'd def be saying that too.

At any rate it's not likely to happen but if we did land Wilson and Honey Badger this could be one of the better offseasons we've had. So long as the draft didn't get butchered.

some comments from the Seahawks forum - guy sounds like a definite downgrade from Dickson

I like Wilson but his blocking is less than mediocre. If we ever want to get a run game again the TE has to at the very least be able to block.

I like Wilson but his blocking is less than mediocre. If we ever want to get a run game again the TE has to at the very least be able to block.

response

Ughhhh.....I think this year go status quo with what we have and try for next year. Not many options so why bother throwing away money at train wrecks or guys that are gonna simply be overpaid.

I want a great blocker with good hands, in the mold of Zach Miller.

Too many of our TEs have been weak blockers with a WR mindset. Luke Willson and Nick Vannett are pretty similar players. I think I would rather move on from Willson and find a stronger blocker with good hands.

3 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

some comments from the Seahawks forum - guy sounds like a definite downgrade from Dickson

Lol at the people on here pretending to know what they are talking about.

i laughed out loud at the person who said he takes our passing offense from a below average passing game to above average or something like that.

3 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Lol at the people on here pretending to know what they are talking about.

i laughed out loud at the person who said he takes our passing offense from a below average passing game to above average or something like that.

LOL wat....THE LUKE WILSON would improve our passing game in that way? lol that is funny. Perhaps a A+ season from TSmith would take the top off and open up the underneath and do such a thing but not Wilson.

We need a pass catching TE to go with Olsen and Olsen himself isn't the best blocker...I mean saying that he is a serviceable blocker might be too kind. I don't think Norv Turners offense is going to care too much just need to chip/help not dominate a DE or anything. Good ole  Gates in SD didn't trash people in the blocking game either. Most if not all pass catching TEs are simply adequate at blocking...if you have a  great blocking TE he is going to suck at being a receiver almost every time.

Archived