• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need two starters from this draft? Simple...

Jeremy Igo

Two starters in this draft would probably mean we stay the same or worse depending on the replacements we get. you have to subtract Star and norwell who were pretty good players from their offensive or defensive unit. The two position Igo suggested we draft don't change the two subtractions we lost so I imagine we stay near the same. That on paper doesn't get us past the Saints and doesn't mean we got better. teams are looking to get better not stay the same.

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Two starters in this draft would probably mean we stay the same or worse depending on the replacements we get. you have to subtract Star and norwell who were pretty good players from their offensive or defensive unit. The two position Igo suggested we draft don't change the two subtractions we lost so I imagine we stay near the same. That on paper doesn't get us past the Saints and doesn't mean we got better. teams are looking to get better not stay the same.

Star and Norwell account for a combined less than 1 win per season. We drafted a DT in the 1st two years ago and a G in the 2nd last year. These moves are done to replace players that are going to go elsewhere. Saints nailed their draft last year and were projected to finish last in the division. We hit 2 or 3 players and bring in 2 or 3 more important FA and we are contending again. The NFC is mayhem, nobody is running away with anything. Also, the Saints remained incredibly healthy last year, when we were FAR from it. 

3 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Star and Norwell account for a combined less than 1 win per season. We drafted a DT in the 1st two years ago and a G in the 2nd last year. These moves are done to replace players that are going to go elsewhere. Saints nailed their draft last year and were projected to finish last in the division. We hit 2 or 3 players and bring in 2 or 3 more important FA and we are contending again. The NFC is mayhem, nobody is running away with anything. Also, the Saints remained incredibly healthy last year, when we were FAR from it. 

I'm not sure how you account for a offensive lineman who is now the highest paid guard in the league and a defensive lineman who has been pretty healthy for us and say how many games they helped us win. I would say both had an impact on every win and loss. The fact that the saints beat us "3 times" tells me we are not that close to them and probably the opposite. You can't bank on injuries to say we will be better than them because their guys will get hurt.All you can account for is the bottom line.

Give me

1. A trade down because Ridley and Josh Jackson will be gone, plus stacked QB class.  Someone will want to move up.  Pickup an additional 2nd or 3rd

2. Justin Reid- we need a centerfielder real fugging bad.

3. Chubb- big physical between the tackles RB that compliments CMC.  Available in the 2nd.  See how the Saints duo helped them last year, a CMC/Chubb duo can do the same

4. Frank Ragnow- immediate starter at LG and can be the future Center when Kalil Retires next year.

5. Kyzir White- SS our DBs are terrible.  Adams looked good but partially due to how bad they were than the year before.  Still felt he was worse than Harper in 2015.  

6. Best DE or WR available with the pick acquired due to trade.

Guard and running back would probably be two safe picks also in the first round if you are looking for starters. 

Personally I might roll the dice though and try to wait until the 3rd for those 2 positions. I think those positions are deeper than some of the others, maybe Ballage and the Auburn guard.

That leaves the 1st and 2nd for some combo of S, WR, or DE.  Leaning towards WR in the second right now, someone like Gallup.

1 hour ago, General_Purr said:

man what I would do for Carolina to have some Cleveland picks...

imagine the luxury of having multiple first round players. as much as we hit and miss. or end up forgetting their a first round pick because just let them walk after rookie contract.

lose every game? nope they can have it...

Two day one starters? It won't happen since we've already committed to Matt Kalil's salary, but:

RD1: Billy Price, OC/OG, Ohio State

RD2: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State

Then cut the salary cap bros and use the money to extend Daryl Williams and sign our draft class.

LT: Martinas Rankins

LG: Taylor Moton

C: Billy Price

RG: Trai Turner

RT: Daryl Williams

Young, talented, and all under contract through at least 2020.

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Two day one starters? It won't happen since we've already committed to Matt Kalil's salary, but:

Then cut the salary cap bros and use the money to extend Daryl Williams and sign our draft class.

I like it...

2 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Recipe for disaster having two rookies and a 1st year starter playing side by side by side on the OL.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Recipe for disaster having two rookies and a 1st year starter playing side by side by side on the OL.

maybe not much better  but Kalill would start off at LT... but this would be headed in the right direction...

Archived