• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need two starters from this draft? Simple...

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The odds are not good that they will get one starter much less two.  There's still the matter of DE hanging out there like a wet pissy blanket on a clothes line.

Jesus Christ don't tell the huddle esp @Ace_Aladdin that. He's convinced all seven picks are day one hall of famers.

I think the RB class last year was deeper than this year, but still some guys that can come right in and contribute. Just because of the sheer lack of bonafide 1st round RB talent outside of Barkley, the Panthers might not draft a RB in the 1st, but there could be a run on RB'sthat could force the Panthers to trade up with one of their 3rd round picks to get one. I don't know how impulsive Hurney is to make a trade this time around, but if some of the RBs start dropping off the board in the 1st and early 2nd round it's going to force Hurney's hand. Waiting until the 3rd might be too late for some of the better RBs in the draft this season.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Jesus Christ don't tell the huddle esp @Ace_Aladdin that. He's convinced all seven picks are day one hall of famers.

Yeah I get the sense that a lot of these guys think it's easy.  Anytime you are counting on a day one starter from the draft, especially with the lack of development of the players coming out, you are in for a long season. 

But if you don't scream SB after every selection you're a hater.

You can't fix stupid.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we draft another RB at #24 I'll lose it.

I would prefer not to draft on in the 2nd either, but if a guy like say a Sony Michel was there we'd at least have to consider it. I'm hoping one of our 3rds will be the sweet spot for a RB.

That's basically it and it really isn't a stretch to say that Michel is like Kamara and Kamaras performance will only help Michel with his game being similar.

Sony Michel at 2018 Combine:
5'10 5/8"
214 lbs
1.56 seconds in 10-yard split
4.54 seconds in 40-yard dash

Alvin Kamara at 2017 Combine:
5'10 1/4"
214 lbs
1.54 seconds in 10-yard split
4.56 seconds in 40-yard dash

So yea.....the comparisons will be made and damn....

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would prefer not to draft on in the 2nd either, but if a guy like say a Sony Michel was there we'd at least have to consider it. I'm hoping one of our 3rds will be the sweet spot for a RB.

Why not give our first round pick a shot at starting tailback before writing him off? He only had about 7 carries a game last year Not many to form a judgement We do know he’s maybe the best receiving back there is

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed.  I'm hoping Ballage is there in the 3rd round for us.  

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Round 1 - Safety

Round 2 - Running back

These are two positions that have a pretty high hit rate as far as starters as rookies. A safety in round one and a RB in round two would likely fill two positions of need immediately. 

How do you feel about a runningback in the first and a safety in the second?

50 minutes ago, Mikey815 said:

Why not give our first round pick a shot at starting tailback before writing him off? He only had about 7 carries a game last year Not many to form a judgement We do know he’s maybe the best receiving back there is

Uh... that's what I'm saying.

Archived