• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need two starters from this draft? Simple...

Jeremy Igo

46 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Round 1 - Safety

Round 2 - Running back

These are two positions that have a pretty high hit rate as far as starters as rookies. A safety in round one and a RB in round two would likely fill two positions of need immediately. 

So what about another wr. U think 3rd because I think we need to get another FA wr if we going to wait that long. We don't need another developmental wr

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Says who?

Also drafting so many high pick RBs/LBs got us in the shitter to begin with. We have too many other areas of need to draft a RB in round 1 or 2 and as often as ever the 3rd round and beyond has given the NFL plenty of studs so that's where that specific power RB should come from while we fill out the roster proper.

Future C - need one
OG - need one
WR - need one
S - need one
TE - need one
DE - need one

What we don't need is more RBs and LBs with high picks at least.

Really don't feel like pulling up stats right now but I know for a fact CMC didn't run between the tackles very much or to much success last season. His lack of use there might have been because of Stewarts role on the team, but his pure rushing numbers weren't great. No secret the Panthers need a power back for the goal line and short yardage situations. You want Cam being the primary power running back on the team?

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Really don't feel like pulling up stats right now but I know for a fact CMC didn't run between the tackles very much or to much success last season. His lack of use there might have been because of Stewarts role on the team, but his pure rushing numbers weren't great. No secret the Panthers need a power back for the goal line and short yardage situations. You want Cam being the primary power running back on the team?

None of our RBs were very good last year as our OL couldn't run block.

Errr absolutely. I'd give Cam the QB sneak every single time on 3rd/4th and 1 and goal line at the 1 or 2. No doubt about it.

Not only that but i'd give him the ball on every 4th and short period.

Just now, Fox007 said:

None of our RBs were very good last year as our OL couldn't run block.

Errr absolutely. I'd give Cam the QB sneak every single time on 3rd/4th and 1 and goal line at the 1 or 2. No doubt about it.

You want Cam to take MORE hits as the primary short yardage back? Jesus!

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You want Cam to take MORE hits as the primary short yardage back? Jesus!

Considering that his biggest hits come from the pocket....yea...how is this any question...i know for Cam it isn't.

I like him want the Panthers to win and  his 90%+ conversion rate backs that up.

If you follow the team you'd see that Cam talks about all of his injuries coming from pass plays/sacks. IF you played football you know why. When you're running you're ready for the hit...when you are passing you don't know when/if you'll be hit and you are just sitting there while the other guy is full ahead. Cam is bigger than anyone on the defense so when he hits someone running they get the worst of it....pretty simple to get.

Cam has been hurt running the ball only when he has pulled up going into the endzone.....show me these run plays where Cam is getting hurt aside from those 2 times he pulled up scoring against the Falcons/Saints....

20 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I don’t understand why people are upset with a former first round pick rushing for 500 yards and receiving for 800-900 yards and scoring 12 TDs. Those are reasonable stat projections for CMC even if we spend a 2nd round pick on a running back. 

We are talking about selecting a starting rb in the draft That means cmc will be a backup 

poo i fugin guarantee Cam would rather have a called run than to drop back and get blind sided by a DE running full speed straight away because Matt Kalil totally whiffed on the DE so he wasn't even slowed down at all so he takes a full speed hit while he is stationary.....not complicated.

safety is a risk bc as a player if you’re not tackling well or taking bad angles and having receivers get behind you to make long gains you’re going to be labelled a bust pretty quickly

and running back? far from a sure thing. we’ve seen some big time prospects either underwhelm or absolutely poo the bed at that position in recent years.

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

poo i fugin guarantee Cam would rather have a called run than to drop back and get blind sided by a DE running full speed straight away because Matt Kalil totally whiffed on the DE so he wasn't even slowed down at all so he takes a full speed hit while he is stationary.....not complicated.

While we’re at it, let’s have Cam play defense too! And return kicks! And play punt coverage! Because you’re right, he’s bigger than most of the players, and probably more talented, and the Panthers should do everything possible to just win at all costs. And after his legs give out, the owner of the team cam shoot him dead because he has no value anymore. Like a fuging racehorse. Brilliant.

...and another thing.  If you go into the draft needing starters you've already lost.   Fill holes in FA and build through the draft.   We still need to sign a starting safety and there's still the question of who starts in place of Norwell.  RB is a want not a need.

Archived