• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need two starters from this draft? Simple...

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Round 1 - Safety

Round 2 - Running back

These are two positions that have a pretty high hit rate as far as starters as rookies. A safety in round one and a RB in round two would likely fill two positions of need immediately. 

So our first round pick from last year will be a backup or gadget player? Is this a joke?

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Round 1 - Safety

Round 2 - Running back

These are two positions that have a pretty high hit rate as far as starters as rookies. A safety in round one and a RB in round two would likely fill two positions of need immediately. 

Rd 1. Justin Reid

Rd. 2 Nick Chubb

Super Bowl...

4 minutes ago, Mikey815 said:

So our first round pick from last year will be a backup or gadget player? Is this a joke?

I don’t understand why people are upset with a former first round pick rushing for 500 yards and receiving for 800-900 yards and scoring 12 TDs. Those are reasonable stat projections for CMC even if we spend a 2nd round pick on a running back. 

A RB is a great decision honestly. I know the Huddle is going to implode when it happens, but CMC can't handle the load on his own, and is more of a pass catching back. Panthers need a between the tackles kind of RB and a rookie could fill that role to great success right away.

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

but CMC can't handle the load on his own, and is more of a pass catching back.

Says who?

Also drafting so many high pick RBs/LBs got us in the shitter to begin with. We have too many other areas of need to draft a RB in round 1 or 2 and as often as ever the 3rd round and beyond has given the NFL plenty of studs so that's where that specific power RB should come from while we fill out the roster proper.

Future C - need one
OG - need one
WR - need one
S - need one
TE - need one
DE - need one

What we don't need is more RBs and LBs with high picks at least.

I've come around to the suggestion many around here have made about taking Reid, the S from Stanford In the first.  I love James, but he's prolly gone in the top 10.  

That being said, the current available FAs drives down the value at S.  Eric Reid, Mitchell, Parker, Boston, Burnett...  any one of those guys is a starter for us and has a history of starting and producing in the league.  So, unless there is a guy that we know will be an immediate difference maker at S, I think we hold off.

RB never holds value early because the odds if hitting on a RB in the 4th or later is just about as good as gambling on one in rounds 1-3.  

So, pretty much, I'm undecided on who we should take in the first two rounds, but can reason why we would for any position.  It doesn't help this is a fairly weak draft class either.

I would be less than thrilled if we drafted a RB in the first two rounds in what is one of the deepest RB drafts in years after taking a back with a top 10 pick the year prior. You can find talented backs to tote the rock in later rounds, especially in a class as deep as this one. Many of the best backs in the league were selected outside of the first two rounds. Safety needs to be a priority. As does guard/center. As does defensive end. As does receiver. I’d prefer a safety in the first and a guard, center, receiver, or defensive end in the second and it ain’t close.  

Archived