• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of today, are the Panthers better or worse?

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's the nature of the salary cap era.  Successful teams know when to let go of players and how to find competent replacements while building through the draft.

Here in Pantherland it's more about keeping aging favorites for Mister at all costs.   

yeah, the Panthers need somebody who understands money and how to manipulate it.

{daydreaming now....If only that Matt Kalil deal wasn't a JR deal....}

1 minute ago, Reebis21 said:

Did any WR sign for $12mill a year yesterday? I was gunna pose the question, who would u rather have:

Torrey Smith ($5mill) and Breeland ($8mill)

Or 

WR ___ ($12mill) and Worley (<$1mill)

Robinson and Watkins both went over $12 mil. Those are the only two WR who could make it worth being stuck with Worley for another year.

Just now, Jangler said:

yeah, the Panthers need somebody who understands money and how to manipulate it.

Who knows what or who was behind that deal.  It's a bad deal at his current production for sure.  But it's only one bad contract, well two if you count his brother Ryan.  It could and has been much worse.  

5 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Did any WR sign for $12mill a year yesterday? I was gunna pose the question, who would u rather have:

Torrey Smith ($5mill) and Breeland ($8mill)

Or 

WR ___ ($12mill) and Worley (<$1mill)

Allen Robinson 14 M

Sammy Watkins 16 M

4 minutes ago, Jangler said:

Zero proof JR influenced Matt Kalil’s contract.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Who knows what or who was behind that deal.  It's a bad deal at his current production for sure.  But it's only one bad contract, well two if you count his brother Ryan.  It could and has been much worse.  

might have been able to keep Norwell. I really do believe this is why DG is in NY now.

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

might have been able to keep Norwell. I really do believe this is why DG is in NY now.

I think he's in NY because he refused to do something Mister wanted him to do.  I have my suspicions about what it was but who knows.

I'm sure he would have tried to keep Norwell if he could have cut some of the players Mister favors (TD, Ryan K) and not extend Olsen.  But ultimately it's hard to say how much he would have invested in Norwell in the end.

Personnel wise we're worse, although I'll take Smith/Breeland over Worley/JAG any day of the week.  Losing Star and Norwell stinks, but I don't think that will have near as big an impact as just getting healthy.  Still leaves some holes to fill, and we're not done.

If Hurney can get a Safety and depth on the edge before the draft I'll be pretty happy.  So far I think he's done a pretty good job in free agency.  As a fan, it would be nice to get excited about big name signings but in our division Tampa seems to win at that every year with no results.  So I'll take what we have.

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think he's in NY because he refused to do something Mister wanted him to do.  I have my suspicions about what it was but who knows.

I'm sure he would have tried to keep Norwell if he could have cut some of the players Mister favors (TD, Ryan K) and not extend Olsen.  But ultimately it's hard to say how much he would have invested in Norwell in the end.

I think he did something Mister wanted then said no more. Let me run the team! 

we will probably never know. 

Just now, Jangler said:

I think he did something Mister wanted then said no more. Let me run the team! 

we will probably never know. 

I suspect you have hit at the heart of the problem.  But Mister gets what Mister wants.  It is what it is.

Archived