• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of today, are the Panthers better or worse?

Jeremy Igo

If you see the loss of Norwell and Star as virtually inevitable (and I do) and given the Panther's salary cap restraints relative to so many other teams flush with cap space I am impressed with the clear upgrade at CB and WR. The early returns are positive. I wonder if a safety signing may be on the horizon.....

Definitely worse.

We lost two very good players, but I do like the moves Hurney made. Got us an upgrade at CB, and Torrey is the burner that will help open things up for the offense. I’m excited about the moves; especially Breeland. Breeland seems to be that chip on his shoulder like Norman. No, I’m not saying he is Norman but he’s said quite a few times he wants to be the man and he’s putting in work to be the man. I really think he’ll surpass Bradberry, and both will feed off each other.

Im excited to see Hurney’s next moves. I just pray he leaves the next GM in good position.

I think we’re par for last year. One matchup less against the saints away from a super bowl. All the key positions are still in tact that got us there.

More touches for CMC is a good thing. I think butler will eventually be better than Star. Breeland > Worley and Smith is a nice addition. Coleman will be easy to replace and we still have the draft to add pieces. Norwell is the only tough piece to replace, but I think we can find a nice plug at G.

we may have very serious problems on the left side of the oline if we dont draft a competent LG 

I think the Breeland and Torrey Smith signings were prudent but its hard to tell how much they're going to help. I think Hurney still will sign a saftey on the cheap and call it a FA. Maybe a bargain bin WR too to compete with Bersin for that last WR spot. 

Overall I'm generally positive. If Moton plays LG then the only pressing need we have in the draft is Saftey.   Otherwise, WR, CB, RB, TE are all nice to have. This draft is incredibly terrible at DE, we either get one in the first 2 rounds or not at all . 

If Butler and Moton play really well and if we get a decent contribtution from Corn Elder and Hall then I would say we are in a better position than we were last year. Still have to address safetly (which Im confident we will since we released Coleman. Has to be in the plans) defensive end, running back, wide receiver and Oline depth. If we draft smart and well then we should be good with smart FA signings. We shall see

1 minute ago, Jangler said:

we were so close to getting out of Hurney Hell. 

lol it's just going to get harder to keep everybody and replace them at the same time.

That's the nature of the salary cap era.  Successful teams know when to let go of players and how to find competent replacements while building through the draft.

Here in Pantherland it's more about keeping aging favorites for Mister at all costs.   

Archived