• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of today, are the Panthers better or worse?

Jeremy Igo

Let's go position by position:

Qb 0

Worse due to lack of depth. Likely better by subtraction in the end

Rb 0

Wash/ Worse until we get serviceable depth

OL -1

Worse

Tight End 0

Wash/ Better. Need a solid blocking Tight End that can catch. Healthy Greg Olsen

Wide Receiver +1

Better, no debate.  +1 even enough here? Potentially replace Sheperd, Bersin, Clay with Samuel, Byrd, T. Smith, draft pick

Defensive Line -1

No Peppers, Star is gone, Butler there as depth

Linebackers 0

Wash

Cornerbacks +1

No debate. Worley gone, Breeland in. Depth who knows. Corn may be ready?

Safeties Worse -1

Until proven otherwise

Special teams 0

Wash

----------------

As of today, by this super precise calculation (kidding), we don't match the talent level position by position as last year. But maybe good wide receivers for Cam is more valuable to this team that solid safety play and can be more of a difference maker. Same can go with the other positions.

By this silly plus minus system, were at a -1 with the whole free agency period and draft to go. Fully confident that this roster will be younger and overall more talented by season's start. Whether or not that translates to more wins, who knows. I think we'll be much better than most here believe, but even 5 wins would mean I'm right.

8 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

See @Jon Snow
Now Breeland is a shutdown corner lol

Yeah everytime they mention these guys they seem to be better each time.  I think they are trying to convince themselves more than those of us taking a wait and see approach.  Next thing you know these guys will be the best FA signings of all time.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Yeah everytime they mention these guys they seem to be better each time.  I think they are trying to convince themselves more than those of us taking a wait and see approach.  Next thing you know these guys will be the best FA signings of all time.

It might only take the first series in pre season for that particular idear to disappear.

Worse, but we’re better than we would have been without getting Smith and Breeland, and at $13mpy norwell had to go, Stewart loss was expected by everyone, and while I thought we’d keep Star if he’s going to get top 5 DT money (have numbers come out yet?) he had to go too. 

I hate having to give hurney credit but......well done so far. 

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Worse, but we’re better than we would have been without getting Smith and Breeland, and at $13mpy norwell had to go, Stewart loss was expected by everyone, and while I thought we’d keep Star if he’s going to get top 5 DT money (have numbers come out yet?) he had to go too. 

I hate having to give hurney credit but......well done so far. 

Star 5 yr, 50 m

We are better at the CB position

We are marginally better at the WR position

We are indisputably worse at the guard and NT position

We have to find another NT- whether that be through a cheaper veteran stop gap or a draft pick

WR, DE, S are still the most pressing needs 

G, TE 2, OT, RB and C are all future needs that could be addressed now

44 minutes ago, SOJA said:

We are better at the CB position

We are marginally better at the WR position

We are indisputably worse at the guard and NT position

We have to find another NT- whether that be through a cheaper veteran stop gap or a draft pick

WR, DE, S are still the most pressing needs 

G, TE 2, OT, RB and C are all future needs that could be addressed now

We draft Isiah Wynn at 24 and the future of our OL looks a lot better

Archived