• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of today, are the Panthers better or worse?

Jeremy Igo

I will say had Gettlemagic still been here. 

He would have found a way to keep Star, if not Norwell as well. That’s how he rolled and he billed them as the future core of this team, that being said I’m guessing we’d see both Kalil’s gone. 

The problem with Hurney and his puppet master is they are entirely one dimensional, one season. They have no depth at strategy. 

And for whoever is GM next year is going to have so many holes to fill with all the vets saying goodbye. In our stalwart position. 

Them youngin’s are really going to have to step it up this season or we are going to be going full blown rebuild next year.

We have a first rounder from 2016 to pickup the slack on the DL. Worse on OL now no question.

We sealed the fates of both Star and Norwell as Panthers when we signed Matt Kalil to that deal.

It's a little difficult to take seriously anyone pissing their pants about losing them now.

It happened. Let's move to the draft.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I will say had Gettlemagic still been here. 

He would have found a way to keep Star, if not Norwell as well. That’s how he rolled and he billed them as the future core of this team, that being said I’m guessing we’d see botg Kalil’s gone. 

They have a worse OL situation than we do and a similar salary cap situation and Norwell isn't in NY. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They have a worse OL situation than we do and a similar salary cap situation and Norwell isn't in NY. 

And? That is relevant how? Just like here Gettlemagic is being thrown into a shitty rebuild situation. That’s why he’s called Gettlemagic. 

Not CantGetAJobWithAnyOtherNFLTeam. Like a certain someone we know.

Just now, Harbingers said:

And? That is relevant how? Just like here Gettlemagic is being thrown into a shitty rebuild situation. That’s why he’s called Gettlemagic. 

Not CantGetAJobWithAnyOtherNFLTeam. Like a certain someone we know.

It's relevant because they have desperate needs at OL, there was tons of talk that the Giants were pursuing Norwell, and then he signed elsewhere. Gettleman had his shot and either got beat out or passed.

When we signed Turner and Short to huge extensions, that was the writing on the wall for Norwell and Star.

Won't know til FA is done. Smith will be better than he's getting credit for and will provide the vet/winner presence. Breeland has potential to keep growing and turn into a CB1, could be a Casey Hayward type signing looking back in a year or two from now.

Need to see how the o-line, safety, and d-line shakes out. So far, so good. We lost two guys we were expecting to lose and cut weight some guys who weren't worth holding on to. If we can get Peppers back I'll feel good. Gotta think no matter how FA shakes out now we'll be drafting a Safety and G/C early. Back-up TE with room to grow would be nice.

We've moved further away from fielding a SB level team. We're now weaker in the trenches due to Gettleman's horrible draft pick Butler. OR Butler does really well and we pick up a good OG and we're better. Really impossible to say, but on paper we're worse right now. Not going to the SB with this team for certain.

Archived