• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As of today, are the Panthers better or worse?

Jeremy Igo

Too early to tell. I'm not overly concerned about the loss of Star. It's time for Butler to get a chance to show he was worthy of that 1st round selection and I think we have a serviceable space eating stopgap in Kyle Love. I'm more concerned with the loss of Norwell. Is Moton kicking inside? If not, are we planning on adding a stopgap OG in FA or are we going to depend on the draft to fill that spot? Surely to god Amini isn't the answer. If that's the case, we're worse off.

I like the trade for Smith. He's the type of dedicated deep threat we sorely missed last year and we got him for a terrible CB who we were likely ready to give up on anyway. His contract looks like an absolute bargain after seeing the insane contracts that have been thrown at marginal WRs this year in FA.

Breeland is definitely an upgrade over Worley/Seymour in a secondary that desperately needed upgrading.

Bree and Star are close to a wash in my view. However losing Norwell is a much much bigger loss than Smith is a gain. But in terms of value I think the decisions on all 4 of these players were necessary.

Stew is not a loss at all by the way. Even if we don't add anyone and just have CAP, we're better off at HB.

Archived