• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney was smart to trade for Torrey Smith

Jeremy Igo

But did we actually lose anything giving up Worley? He sucks. Seymour is a viable replacement. Yeah, he sucks too but it's not like he's a significant downgrade from Worley. We're still exactly where we were before. We need a starting CB. Getting rid of trash doesn't increase or decrease that need.

The idea was to upgrade and clearly we're not going to other than the draft. Which again, would be repeating what we've already done. If we're going to spend a 3rd on a corner, use it to trade for Darby and his $1 million salary this year as a stop gap. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The idea was to upgrade and clearly we're not going to other than the draft. Which again, would be repeating what we've already done. If we're going to spend a 3rd on a corner, use it to trade for Darby and his $1 million salary this year as a stop gap. 

Im starting to think corner maybe safety is going to be the 1st round pick

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitTo02.htm

2 things stand out to me right away

1. Eagles were misusing Smith as he posted his worst yards per catch by far. Them turning Nelson alghlor into a deep threat helps NA but hurt TS. Was also in an overall stacked offense 

2. Smith posted his best catch % of his career. 

sorry if already posted in this thread

20 hours ago, SOJA said:

This is like comparing overpaying for a 2001 Accord then feeling better when you see someone buy a new Lamborghini  

We were never going to get a Lamborghini and the market for Accords was rising... better than walking or not having money left over for gas...

2 hours ago, heel31ok said:

We were never going to get a Lamborghini and the market for Accords was rising... better than walking or not having money left over for gas...

John Brown, a younger, more talented option went for the same price. so if we had just waited a 2015 Acura would have been available below market value 

I'm going to stop this car analogy now before someone puts me in my place 

Archived