• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney was smart to trade for Torrey Smith

Jeremy Igo

24 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Smart?  Not really.  He took a gamble sure but I'll hold off patting him on the back until I see if he's worth the investment.  

Then I guess there's no point in posting here until September... for any of our signings 

37 minutes ago, JakeDel5674 said:

And to make it worse. Worley went from being trash to "having potential." Oh the Huddle. Never seems to amaze me. 

I actually think that Worley has potential; but that's a lot of gray area. I'm not sure he'll be anything other than depth, especially since he was losing play time/ starts to Seymour last season. I'll trust Wilkes and Rivera's opinion of his "potential" more than my own. 

PS - huddle gonna huddle

Agreed. Tons of teams had exorbitant amounts of cap space this year. This was going to create bidding wars on certain players at key positions. Finding mid-level players at the mid-level prices is very important. If we waited for Smith to get cut, there is no guarantee we could have gotten him at that price with no guaranteed contract. 

@SOJA also I don't agree with your analogy. We know KC paid a Lamborghini price for Watkins, but there has been nothing in his past to consider him a Lamborghini player. 

8 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Agreed. Tons of teams had exorbitant amounts of cap space this year. This was going to create bidding wars on certain players at key positions. Finding mid-level players at the mid-level prices is very important. If we waited for Smith to get cut, there is no guarantee we could have gotten him at that price with no guaranteed contract. 

@SOJA also I don't agree with your analogy. We know KC paid a Lamborghini price for Watkins, but there has been nothing in his past to consider him a Lamborghini player. 

Thank you for contributing to the conversation and raising a valid counterpoint. I think we disagree on Watkins, in that paired with the correct QB (see Cam), the guy could be devastating. Think less historic version of Randy Moss in New England. 

We will see. If Mahomes is all that he is cracked up to be, Watkins could have a huge year. 

It looks like we were right in assuming we wouldn't be able to afford a WR in the market this offseason, so I'm inclined to agree that it was a financially responsible move from Hurney...

I never thought I'd see the day...

Good on him. Smart move for a solid if not spectacular player for below his market value. 

Archived