• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney was smart to trade for Torrey Smith

Jeremy Igo

Smith isn't something fun for fans to brag about. 

But Smith fits a role we clearly lacked.  We have seen before how important it is for this offense to have someone who can step into that role is and what it means.  Think back about the first time Ginn Jr was brought in.  People didn't celebrate it either.   Smith can run those deep routes and threaten.  Cam has proven he doesn't need all stars but just a well rounded group that can threaten teams in a well rounded manner. 

Solid move, just not a spectacular one.   Solid moves often are the most important ones.  But we need more of them. 

This one's still up in the air for me. I want to see how they each do this season. 

Getting a guy cheap is only a coup if he's decent. That remains to be seen on both ends of the deal.

Have seen talk the Eagles might try Worley at safety.

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Looking at the money receivers are getting, I find it unlikely Smith would have been gotten for 5 mill a year with no guaranteed money. Seems like a bargain given that Worley may not have even made the team this year. 

I mentioned this earlier, absolutely agree.

1 minute ago, chknwing said:

each iteration of Hurney gets better,  Can we fire him again so we get to Hurney 3.0 and close to a normal GM?

The normal gm doesn’t make it to the NFC Championship twice.

Hurney 2.0 is greater than version 1. Engineered to be the best.

article-0-14BEFD27000005DC-723_634x459.j

Archived