• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It isn't over at wide receiver....

Jeremy Igo

49 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm fine with this, we've crossed off (partially) our biggest need and now we focus on other positions in need of upgrades. 

- DE - Peppers decision is huge. if he retires we are in a bad spot due to UFA class at DE being nonexistent. 

- CB - We don't need top notch corner to replace Worley, a mid-range UFA can easily be an upgrade.

- FS - We're absolutely adding a vet through free agency. Someone like ex-Clemson man Marcus Gilchrist would make sense. 

- TE - With all the talk of WR you guys are forgetting another way we can help Cam. I would love for us to make a run at Tyler Eifert but he's a major health risk.             Someone like Dion Sims (once he's released) would make more sense for us. 

Eifert is a guy that intrigues me as well, he's been beat up as you noted. Not sure what kind of deal he will get due to the injuries. Would love to take him on a 1-year incentive laden deal if possible but I'm sure some team will offer him more guaranteed cash than we can. 

48 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I'm fine with this, we've crossed off (partially) our biggest need and now we focus on other positions in need of upgrades. 

- DE - Peppers decision is huge. if he retires we are in a bad spot due to UFA class at DE being nonexistent. 

- CB - We don't need top notch corner to replace Worley, a mid-range UFA can easily be an upgrade.

- FS - We're absolutely adding a vet through free agency. Someone like ex-Clemson man Marcus Gilchrist would make sense. 

- TE - With all the talk of WR you guys are forgetting another way we can help Cam. I would love for us to make a run at Tyler Eifert but he's a major health risk.             Someone like Dion Sims (once he's released) would make more sense for us. 

Everything sounds good except the CB and TE thing.  

We can sign a better quality CB now..  And Tyler Eifert is damage goods .. We need a young TE not a stopgap..

The only problem with the premise in here is how in the hell can you even justify Shepard as insurance? He gave us 17 receptions and 200 yards with a full bill of health and a huge opportunity with a ridiculous amount of snaps. He made our offense worse when he was on the field minus the fluke TD at the start of the season against his old team.

I could see us trading back or out of the first round for a 2nd or 3rd and maybe some additional compensation. If there isn't that guy that just stands out at 24, we might as well add a pick in the mid rounds. I am a big believer in 3-4th round guards, centers, and DTs. Just draft one every year.

10 minutes ago, davos said:

The only problem with the premise in here is how in the hell can you even justify Shepard as insurance? He gave us 17 receptions and 200 yards with a full bill of health and a huge opportunity with a ridiculous amount of snaps. He made our offense worse when he was on the field minus the fluke TD at the start of the season against his old team.

Dude dropped wide open passes like Stone Hands in Necessary Roughness

And hey, as long as we're looking up old friends...

Bengals | Brandon LaFell could be let go
Sat, 10 Mar 2018 09:55:12 -0800

Cincinnati Bengals WR Brandon LaFell could be released this offseason in part because the team would create $4 million in salary cap space. The team could also cut LaFell in order to give more playing time to the younger receivers on the roster.

LaFell has been a starting receiver for the Bengals over the last two seasons but posted only 548 yards this past season. He could receive some interest if he is released but would not be a great fantasy option.

Source: The Cincinnati Enquirer - Jim Owczarski

Archived