• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It isn't over at wide receiver....

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Read at your own discretion. I don't want to ruin the exciting offseason for you. 

Hide contents

The Carolina Panthers won't sign another significant veteran receiver. They may sign camp bodies, but no one that will be on the final roster. Russell Shepard will not be released until after the draft. He is now playing the role of insurance just in case the Panthers can't manage to get an acceptable receiver in rounds 1 or 2. When the Panthers do manage to get a receiver, he will be released. 

I suspect DJ Moore is on the radar as he would be able to contribute everywhere immediately. In the slot or on the outside. Kid can do anything the Panthers need. I do feel round two is more likely than round 1, and a possible trade up in that situation. The first half of round two looks to be a sweet spot for receivers.

Love, 

MGMNT

I love DJ moore...

We have to add a starting free safety to the roster.  I think they like Demetrious Cox as depth there. 

We need a DE--Peppers might be the only addition, if he returns.

We sorta need a starting LG.  This will probably be a free agent.  Rivera, No. Silatolu sucks.

We need a Starting #1 CB since "Lockdown" Worley is an Eagle.  Do you know how much it would suck to be a new guy on a defending championship roster?  Sitting there for ring ceremonies and stuff.

We also need key rotational or backups at these positions:

Tight End

Defensive Tackle

Running Back

Damn I hate to sound like another, less popular poster, but watch the TE from Penn State in Round 2 and a RB in round 3.  Personally, I think we are drafting a CB or S in round 1.  We will have a better idea in 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

We have to add a starting free safety to the roster.  I think they like Demetrious Cox as depth there. 

We need a DE--Peppers might be the only addition, if he returns.

We sorta need a starting LG.  This will probably be a free agent.  Rivera, No. Silatolu sucks.

We need a Starting #1 CB since "Lockdown" Worley is an Eagle.  Do you know how much it would suck to be a new guy on a defending championship roster?  Sitting there for ring ceremonies and stuff.

We also need key rotational or backups at these positions:

Tight End

Defensive Tackle

Running Back

Damn I hate to sound like another, less popular poster, but watch the TE from Penn State in Round 2 and a RB in round 3.  Personally, I think we are drafting a CB or S in round 1.  We will have a better idea in 3 weeks.

Ronnie Harrison in the 1st if possible trade back to the top of the 2nd and a 4th

Hurst or Dallas in the 2nd

Chubb in the 3rd (1)

Jesse Bates III in the 3rd (2)

If we trade back and get a 4th, draft Siran Neal who would replace D Worley 

In the 5th draft BJ Hill DT

Package both 7ths and our 6th to move up for Colby Gossett G 

We need youth in our D big time. 

On O I agree we need TE depth and G depth.

Next year target DE, LB, T, C, and clean up our depth.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Read at your own discretion. I don't want to ruin the exciting offseason for you. 

Reveal hidden contents

The Carolina Panthers won't sign another significant veteran receiver. They may sign camp bodies, but no one that will be on the final roster. Russell Shepard will not be released until after the draft. He is now playing the role of insurance just in case the Panthers can't manage to get an acceptable receiver in rounds 1 or 2. When the Panthers do manage to get a receiver, he will be released. 

I suspect DJ Moore is on the radar as he would be able to contribute everywhere immediately. In the slot or on the outside. Kid can do anything the Panthers need. I do feel round two is more likely than round 1, and a possible trade up in that situation. The first half of round two looks to be a sweet spot for receivers.

Love, 

MGMNT

I'm fine with this, we've crossed off (partially) our biggest need and now we focus on other positions in need of upgrades. 

- DE - Peppers decision is huge. if he retires we are in a bad spot due to UFA class at DE being nonexistent. 

- CB - We don't need top notch corner to replace Worley, a mid-range UFA can easily be an upgrade.

- FS - We're absolutely adding a vet through free agency. Someone like ex-Clemson man Marcus Gilchrist would make sense. 

- TE - With all the talk of WR you guys are forgetting another way we can help Cam. I would love for us to make a run at Tyler Eifert but he's a major health risk.             Someone like Dion Sims (once he's released) would make more sense for us. 

Archived