• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It isn't over at wide receiver....

Jeremy Igo

Read at your own discretion. I don't want to ruin the exciting offseason for you. 

The Carolina Panthers won't sign another significant veteran receiver. They may sign camp bodies, but no one that will be on the final roster. Russell Shepard will not be released until after the draft. He is now playing the role of insurance just in case the Panthers can't manage to get an acceptable receiver in rounds 1 or 2. When the Panthers do manage to get a receiver, he will be released. 

I suspect DJ Moore is on the radar as he would be able to contribute everywhere immediately. In the slot or on the outside. Kid can do anything the Panthers need. I do feel round two is more likely than round 1, and a possible trade up in that situation. The first half of round two looks to be a sweet spot for receivers.

Love, 

MGMNT

I am beginning to think that we may not have any thirds after all is said and done (between the draft and/or free agency). 

James or Chubb in the first. I'm thinking James is gone by 24.

Moore in the second. 

Hell,  it seems like we're kind of on the same wavelength as far as Marty making some moves for Moore. 

Hell, if Marty gets too crazy,  we won't have a full set of picks next year.

18 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Peppers, safety and a DE in the draft.

There really are no good 4-3 options likely available to us in the draft. I'm thinking we almost have to take a hard look at Curry once the Eagles do what they have to do.  Safety is a mystery. @SIGCHI222 is talking kinda funny about Pep by saying "nothing," so whatever that means... 

16 minutes ago, Car123 said:

How much do you think he will demand?

At this point,  I don't know.  Evans just got paid a lot,  and Torrey Smith is still getting paid 5 mil per (which if you look at receivers' salaries is cheap). I would think around 7 mil. 

6 minutes ago, TylerVagyler said:

I really don’t see Moore making it to our second round pick. He could go round one after his combine performance. 

You could be right.  But then you have to start looking at specifics.  Which team will actually take him,  and are they really going to take him before Ridley,  Kirk,  and big boy (I forget his name)? 

And,  do you believe that if Hurney is looking at Chubb or Moore that he's really going to forego Chubb?  

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You could be right.  But then you have to start looking at specifics.  Which team will actually take him,  and are they really going to take him before Ridley,  Kirk,  and big boy (I forget his name)? 

And,  do you believe that if Hurney is looking at Chubb or Moore that he's really going to forego Chubb?  

My thinking is that he’s a consensus top 5 WR in the draft. The chances of a top 5 WR being there at 55 are low. 

He measured at the combine taller, faster, stronger than expected. His stock is rising fast. 

WR FA is over. We are now short a CB, SS, DE, DT, RB, & OG. TD, & Kalil are retiring, Adam is not far away, & Luke still has his concussion issues. Torrey can be a good addition, but at a bad price. Hurney said, "We need to get younger, & faster". Torrey is 29, so that backfired. Hurney said he has learned from his past mistakes, but I don't believe he was referring to paying too much for veteran (OLD) talent. I am afraid the new owner will have to slap some sense into this organization.

Archived