• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers upgraded Russel Shepard for 2.7 million

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

yall trying to justify a guy who's going to cost us 5 million with drop issues and worse route running than Ginn who was going to be a free agent anyways commanding 4 million a year at best while making our corner depth even worse.

Yeah tried to tell you no Watkins but u wouldn't listen. Need to change that picture of Watkins now lmao.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Nah, Worley was on the way out last year. Might not have made the team this year.

Correct. Which is why they drafted Elder and acquired Seymour in a trade. They were looking for anyone to supplant Worley. Now bc Roseman trades for him and he’s on a rookie deal everyone loves him. This was a salary dump by the Eagles and that’s it. Roseman isn’t planning on giving Worley reps and we just secured a proven deep threat for marginally more than Russell Sheppard. Kudos to Hurney. 

If we weren’t going to move him to Safety, Worley had little to no value for this team. We need an upgrade in coverage ability across the secondary. Especially if we want to blitz a lot like last year. Plus, I doubt Worley would have been agreeable to the move. So no loss. 

Not a fan of Smith overall, but he fills a specific need very well. He’ll get a ton of DPI calls too. 

I’m fine with it. 

2 hours ago, steven8989 said:

We will be signing another wr

Or drafting one. Adding a vet in Smith means that another WR in the draft could be had if the right fit without the group being too inexperienced as a whole.

Smith was a good pickup. I wanted Wallace and still do. Imagine Smith, Wallace and Funchess as your front line with Olsen and McCaffrey out of the backfield. Cam would have a field day.  Time to get creative Hurney and get my another vet receiver and a man cb. Sign Pep to a 2 year deal to save cap and on to the draft. Lots of folks retiring will give us more cap next year when these contracts get larger in year 2.

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

If we weren’t going to move him to Safety, Worley had little to no value for this team. We need an upgrade in coverage ability across the secondary. Especially if we want to blitz a lot like last year. Plus, I doubt Worley would have been agreeable to the move. So no loss. 

Not a fan of Smith overall, but he fills a specific need very well. He’ll get a ton of DPI calls too. 

I’m fine with it. 

I have a feeling that the Panthers wanted him to move to safety, but he declined. I remember Hurney saying something about players possibly changing positions last year. They may have even asked him where he would want to play before trading him. He's lucky he gets to play for his home town now, he could be a Brown. 

Archived