• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers upgraded Russel Shepard for 2.7 million

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

if you want to declare torrey smith is going to revitalize his career here you guys are about as bad as my takes on russell shepard lol

i'm going to be real here and say torrey smith isn't going to light up anybody unless a miracle happens.

You are one of the worst evaluators of NFL players on the huddle. Anything you freak out about means nothing.

Worley was good at run support and that's about it, he was being platooned with Kevon Seymour after the Benjamin trade to help stop the bleeding. If Seymour had been any good he would have taken Worley's job outright. There was a real possibility of Worley not making our 53 after this next round of FA and the draft. 

22 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

lol

Marty: “Restructure this deal to make less money or we’ll cut you.”

Torrey: “So you’re giving me the choice between making less money or cutting me so I can be a FA and sign a deal making less with a team of my own choosing?... You’re not very good at this, are you Marty?”

His deal was for $15m with only $500K guaranteed.  He would have lost $10m if cut, and that was about to happen.

If you reduce the yearly amount but extend the guaranteed money, extend the length a year, you can get him to agree to a deal that costs less than $5m.  With no guaranteed $$, he could get cut and lose it all.

1 minute ago, CatMan72 said:

Worley was good at run support and that's about it, he was being platooned with Kevon Seymour after the Benjamin trade to help stop the bleeding. If Seymour had been any good he would have taken Worley's job outright. There was a real possibility of Worley not making our 53 after this next round of FA and the draft. 

The idea of  moving him to safety had me a little encouraged for him but, moving on...

1 hour ago, poorboysrev said:

If what we gave up is a guy that we were likely to cut anyway who cares. It wasn't a draft pick. I've watched people post a hundred times about Mike Wallace being the smart pickup for a fast guy instead of breaking the bank on Watkins when we have too many holes to fill...how in the hell is Mike Wallace considered so much better than Torrey Smith. They're both deep, go route one trick pony speedsters that had down years last year after bouncing around to new teams. There's a chance Cam would help either pull a Ginn...at least we got some speed on the roster..if Byrd or Samuels steps up or we bring someone else in that pushes him to our number 4 through competition then fuging hallelujah that means we finally have some depth and speed at wide receiver...lawd people

Preach,  rev! 

All Torrey Smith really has to do is take the top off defenses and make it easier for Funchess,  Samuel, Olsen, CMC,  and whoever else  I don't get why people don't  think that he can do that.  He seems like the quintessential receiver for Cam's big arm.  It's not rocket science. 

37 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

His deal was for $15m with only $500K guaranteed.  He would have lost $10m if cut, and that was about to happen.

If you reduce the yearly amount but extend the guaranteed money, extend the length a year, you can get him to agree to a deal that costs less than $5m.  

Yes, I already said that above.

On that path leads madness.  Why in the world would you want to EXTEND him and GUARANTEE him money?  He's been nothing but average for years.

If we were cutting Worley and they were cutting Smith, then this sounds like us securing a FA WR. Can't say I'm thrilled, like to think there was another WR we could've traded for out there, but whatevs.  We've got Torrey Smith now.   

Archived