• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers upgraded Russel Shepard for 2.7 million

Jeremy Igo

22 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

yall trying to justify a guy who's going to cost us 5 million with drop issues and worse route running than Ginn who was going to be a free agent anyways commanding 4 million a year at best while making our corner depth even worse.

After your declarations last offseason about Shepard and Johnson just waiting to light up the league, you might want to sit this one out bud.

4 minutes ago, E CaT PanTHer 2 said:

restructure his deal to make his cap hit less this year.

Guys don't just take pay cuts for the hell of it. And now that we're on board for his salary there's no incentive for him to do so.

Tiger is right about the structure.

Just now, The Lobo said:

Torey will be fine with us...99% of this board despised Worley. To me, this is a good pick up for us as he fits a need. I have a feeling we will pick up a DB now in FA. Maybe JNO?

Yeah that would be nice, but the only problem is he isn’t a FA.

3 minutes ago, TheRed said:

After your declarations last offseason about Shepard and Johnson just waiting to light up the league, you might want to sit this one out bud.

if you want to declare torrey smith is going to revitalize his career here you guys are about as bad as my takes on russell shepard lol

i'm going to be real here and say torrey smith isn't going to light up anybody unless a miracle happens.

Just now, Saca312 said:

if you want to declare torrey smith is going to revitalize his career here you guys are about as bad as my takes on russell shepard lol

i'm going to be real here and say torrey smith isn't going to light up anybody unless a miracle happens.

Norv Turner...miracle happened...next!

This is going to be a great yr...

4 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Ginn was a bust in Miami and could not crack the starting lineup in SF.  He sucked in Arizona.  He did well here--while Smith was putting up numbers higher than Ginn.  Over the past 3 years, Smith has been with bad teams with No QBs.  In Philly, he was not a good fit  and had no chemistry.  I expect Smith to average about 700 yards here.  But when he is on the field, the defense changes--even if he is not catching balls.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Ginn was a bust in Miami and could not crack the starting lineup in SF.  He sucked in Arizona.  He did well here--while Smith was putting up numbers higher than Ginn.  Over the past 3 years, Smith has been with bad teams with No QBs.  In Philly, he was not a good fit  and had no chemistry.  I expect Smith to average about 700 yards here.  But when he is on the field, the defense changes--even if he is not catching balls.

He’s no Russell Shepard though.

Archived