• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers upgraded Russel Shepard for 2.7 million

Jeremy Igo

41 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Way I see it we cut Shep and we straight, anyone avail to post the Shepard savings?

We save a lot more by cutting him post-June 1, I think the savings is around 2.85M with 700K dead money.  This is per overthecap.com 

If what we gave up is a guy that we were likely to cut anyway who cares. It wasn't a draft pick. I've watched people post a hundred times about Mike Wallace being the smart pickup for a fast guy instead of breaking the bank on Watkins when we have too many holes to fill...how in the hell is Mike Wallace considered so much better than Torrey Smith. They're both deep, go route one trick pony speedsters that had down years last year after bouncing around to new teams. There's a chance Cam would help either pull a Ginn...at least we got some speed on the roster..if Byrd or Samuels steps up or we bring someone else in that pushes him to our number 4 through competition then fuging hallelujah that means we finally have some depth and speed at wide receiver...lawd people

Maybe watching Cam have to try and outduel Breesus with Clay, Sheppard, and bersin and then hear people bitch about Cam didn't make y'all want to break the tv last year but I've seen enough of that. Last trade hurney pulled was for Olsen...Keep em coming Big Hurn

43 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Try again, I'm on record saying I'm on board with Hurney now that he's the GM and also on record praising the KB trade

torrey smith is not good anymore and was about to get cut 

Torrey Smith was about to get cut because the Eagles are over the cap and save 5 mill by cutting him. Not because he is not good any more. 

6 minutes ago, poorboysrev said:

If what we gave up is a guy that we were likely to cut anyway who cares. It wasn't a draft pick. I've watched people post a hundred times about Mike Wallace being the smart pickup for a fast guy instead of breaking the bank on Watkins when we have too many holes to fill...how in the hell is Mike Wallace considered so much better than Torrey Smith. They're both deep, go route one trick pony speedsters that had down years last year after bouncing around to new teams. There's a chance Cam would help either pull a Ginn...at least we got some speed on the roster..if Byrd or Samuels steps up or we bring someone else in that pushes him to our number 4 through competition then fuging hallelujah that means we finally have some depth and speed at wide receiver...lawd people

I was wondering the same thing, he isnt. His benefit was he was with the Ravens more recently than T Smith, a team that was able to exploit both their down field success much more than the 9ers and Eagles with Smith have. Still, Smith averaged 20 yd/re just two seasons ago.

It baffles me people are complaining so much when we get a deep threat vet WR for a very reasonable price and get rid of one another player who contributed to our horrible secondary last year (first Coleman and now Worely). 

If Samuel and Byrd manage to stay healthy this is an excellent move. Now we can focus on shoring up our secondary with our ensuing free agency moves along with resigning Peppers, and we can be pretty flexible in the draft after that.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

Really not a significant move one way or the other. Team is better overall. Don't expect them to not continue looking for another WR, CB is definitely a position they've gotta look at now.

Not in free agency but a WR in the draft is still a strong possibility.

Also, Torrey Smith is a better WR than Mike Wallace, who would have probably been our #1 WR UFA target.

People including me were mad about GMan not keeping Ted Ginn for 4 million and he’s old, and now mad again we get Torrey Smith for 4.5 million? 

I think people would be mad at anything we do— draft Ridley,.. he sucks,.. pay Watkins— he’s too expensive but someone else was arguing we could get him for 5 million but 3 posts before it was 12-14 million for a broken down alsoran.

weirdos— Torrey just caught bombs in the playoffs and Super Bowl,.. he’s young and still fast and he’s 5 million,... 4.5 net after Worley, and Worley sucks—

oh Worley only sucked until we traded him,...

Archived