• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember kids....

Jeremy Igo

9 hours ago, JJman Returns said:

So 90% of the Huddle hated Hurney because he resigned players. But then they get mad because ....

He didn't resign a player.

Huddle logic 101...

He resigned shitty players he drafted and extended shitty players or over the hill players. He still is extending over the hill players and just isn't resigning good players other people gifted him.

Makes sense not to over spend on him so we'll wait to see what "weapon" he brings in compared to the cost Norwell commands. Could very well end up being that an overpriced Norwell is better than a WR Hurney thinks is worth a poo as his track record in that department is worse than most of his other negative grades. Hurney has a lot of competition with himself on what he's worst at.

Star is the one we should let go of regardless as we have DTs and the dropoff isn't so much. But I can go ahead and queue up the Huddle's OL bitching as our open WR doesn't get the ball because Cam has been sacked again as scrubby mc scrub muffin whiffed again.

21 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Ultimately there could be 2 3rd round compensatories coming back for Norwell and Star. Coupled with the 15-20 mill additional cap space. Preferable to really bad patented Hurney contracts.

What if it's Hurney making those third round picks?

6 hours ago, Fox007 said:

He resigned shitty players he drafted and extended shitty players or over the hill players. He still is extending over the hill players and just isn't resigning good players other people gifted him.

Makes sense not to over spend on him so we'll wait to see what "weapon" he brings in compared to the cost Norwell commands. Could very well end up being that an overpriced Norwell is better than a WR Hurney thinks is worth a poo as his track record in that department is worse than most of his other negative grades. Hurney has a lot of competition with himself on what he's worst at.

Star is the one we should let go of regardless as we have DTs and the dropoff isn't so much. But I can go ahead and queue up the Huddle's OL bitching as our open WR doesn't get the ball because Cam has been sacked again as scrubby mc scrub muffin whiffed again.

Maybe he's optimizing for compensation picks? You can't make this stuff up.....lol

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Then eventually we won't even have the cap space to sign those comp picks and we'll be so desperate he'll restructure and extend someone past their prime as Hurney did with Delhomme in a Defcon 5 cap grab.

People still think Delhomme's final contract was simply Hurney giving him more money cause he felt he deserved it. No, it's because Hurney was so incompetent he couldn't even sign draft picks due to no cap space.

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I see your logic, but disagree.  But to pay a player based on their value is a noble concept and I understand that.  However, this is not a democracy.  Think of it as coin collecting.  That's right--coin collecting.  a 1955 proof nickel minted in Denver is worth a nickel if spent at Walmart.  Sell it to a coin collector, it is worth $3.  Sell it to a desperate coin collector, it is worth $4.  That same nickel in much worse condition minted in San Francisco is worth a nickel at Walmart but $5 to a coin collector- $10 to a desperate collector. Reason? It is harder to find a nickel minted in San Francisco because they didn't make as many.  The collector needs the "S" mint to complete his set for 1955 because they are in demand more than a proof "D" nickel.  So to make them equal in value, you have to spend them at Walmart.  The eyeball test gives the "D" nickel the appearance of being worth more, but the rarity of the "S" mint--unseen to the novice--drives the price up. 

Shaddap.....Nerd

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember when?

http://thetandd.com/sports/nfl-peppers-uncertainty-leave-panthers-squeezed-by-cap/article_2c0bdac5-ff33-5535-a02f-29f050dcd7b6.html

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4092544

The idiot Marty Hurney didn't do the Peppers Franchise tag cap debacle once but twice! It's inconceivable he has a job GMing an NFL Franchise. 

5 minutes ago, Kevin Greene said:

Remember when?

http://thetandd.com/sports/nfl-peppers-uncertainty-leave-panthers-squeezed-by-cap/article_2c0bdac5-ff33-5535-a02f-29f050dcd7b6.html

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4092544

The idiot Marty Hurney didn't do the Peppers Franchise tag cap debacle once but twice! It's inconceivable he has a job GMing an NFL Franchise. 

Sadly, I do.

Meh, I don’t care if we don’t sign either. And I don’t care if we do either....as long as we don’t overpay. A decent contract fine, but dear god don’t overpay. Which to me means they’re as good as gone. Still think we could have had a good kicker for cheaper but Ks are paid very little so overpaying Gano isn’t going to hurt. Hurney needs to contain himself.

Archived