• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember kids....

Jeremy Igo

46 minutes ago, mjligon said:

You’ll be hard pressed to find anyone (me included) who trusts Graham Gano to hit a meaningful FG down the stretch.

I was at the panthers patriots game last season. All the pats fans were heading to the exits when gano lined up to kick a FG as time expires. Panthers fans were like, it’s going to overtime guys he’s gonna miss. He made it, but that was funny to see.

I am a Hurney supporter now that he has been hired as GM of our team, but if you check my post history you will know I have disagreed with that hiring from the start. 

That being said, he 100% is making the right decision to not overpay Norwell and Star. Very proud of him. 

I will be absolutely stoked if we nab Watkins or Robinson for 10-12 a year. 

JJ Jansen is getting 1 Million a Year..... as a longsnapper. Gano should at least get twice that. Viniteri was recently paid 2 Million  a year, for his Kicking duties. Gostkowski was getting paid 4.6 Million a year. So, I think it is fair, to pay him 2.5 Million a year. So, 3 Years, 7 Million, 2 Mill Guaranteed. 

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He brought in our best players. 

Largely thanks to high picks due to building lousy rosters the year before.

If you judge a GM only by the good picks he makes rather than by the full rosters he builds, then Phil Savage and Ryan Grigson were phenomenal.

3 hours ago, SurvivalSloth said:

As much as I hate it, Hurney is here now. Might as well give him a fair shake *ugh*

The only thing I don't like so far is Kurt Coleman getting cut and not Mike Adams. That's a head-scratcher.

$2.4 for Adams with almost no dead cap if cut, or 3 year/$18 million for Kurt. I would not be surprised if Adams ended up being cut for a FA or draft pick before the season starts. He'd be worth keeping around as a mentor if we draft a hotshot safety, the dude was a hell of a player in his prime.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Largely thanks to high picks due to building lousy rosters the year before.

If you judge a GM only by the good picks he makes rather than by the full rosters he builds, then Phil Savage and Ryan Grigson were phenomenal.

i’m sure there are lions fans clamoring for matt millen to be brought back bc well technically he did draft calvin johnson, ernie sims, and jeff backus

8 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

i’m sure there are lions fans clamoring for matt millen to be brought back bc well technically he did draft calvin johnson, ernie sims, and jeff backus

Yep. I use Savage as an example because he drafted arguably the best left tackle for decades in Joe Thomas.

4 hours ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

You pay LG a LT money when he is an All Pro and when you can get rid of unwarranted LT/C contract after this season.

Panthers scheme OGs > LTs 

This does not seem to be the case based on the information available.

image.png.25001b061d2c51a03eba52b3d27d6f00.png

I don't consider almost $15 million in dead cap a valid way to get rid of an unwanted LT next offseason.  The way things are set right now, Matt Kalil is our LT until at least 2020 (10 million dead), and more likely 2021 when his dead money is a more manageable 5 million.  Honestly, we should all be praying to the football gods that MK comes good instead of looking for a way out.

18 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

Millen 28% (win percentage)

Hurney 47%, 1 Super Bowl appearance,  2 NFC championship appearances .

We weren't god awful as some of you history revisionists claim. 

That's quite a lame excuse guys. Certainly you can come up with a better explanation than that. I hope. How is it all those perennial winners keep draftng good players if the only way to do it is with high picks? 

This should be good. 

Archived