• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Remember kids....

Jeremy Igo

18 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

As much as I hate it, Hurney is here now. Might as well give him a fair shake *ugh*

The only thing I don't like so far is Kurt Coleman getting cut and not Mike Adams. That's a head-scratcher.

Adams played much better than Coleman last season.

Relatively.

39 minutes ago, SurvivalSloth said:

As much as I hate it, Hurney is here now. Might as well give him a fair shake *ugh*

The only thing I don't like so far is Kurt Coleman getting cut and not Mike Adams. That's a head-scratcher.

Not really, Adams outplayed Coleman last year for cheaper. Pretty simple actually 

I'm honestly not horribly upset about letting him walk. It's the financially responsible thing to do, and I've always wanted Hurney to be able to do that. 

Sucks that we have to lose a guy like Norwell, but like I said two years ago when we lost Norman, you can't keep everyone...

I mean you could have POSSIBLY if you had kept your rookie kicker over the expensive vet who chokes during clutch moments, but that would require actual talent evaluation...

But I jest, either way, I'm not happy, but I get the decision to let him walk. 

My problem is losing home grown talent and paying a Kings ransom to extend over the hill vets like Thomas Davis. To me it makes way more sense to cut Ryan Kalil and keep Norwell. 

Plus, does anyone actually think we'll outbid these teams with $70+ million in cap space for a playmaker? Truth is I don't trust Hurney round 2 to make better choices. Honestly, we're at such a disadvantage in front office quality that I'd rather just carry over cap and draft than see what they'll come up with.

35 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I'm honestly not horribly upset about letting him walk. It's the financially responsible thing to do, and I've always wanted Hurney to be able to do that. 

Sucks that we have to lose a guy like Norwell, but like I said two years ago when we lost Norman, you can't keep everyone...

I mean you could have POSSIBLY if you had kept your rookie kicker over the expensive vet who chokes during clutch moments, but that would require actual talent evaluation...

But I jest, either way, I'm not happy, but I get the decision to let him walk. 

Norwell has been a wonderful surprise for us, but he's due his pay.  We paid Trai the big money, so Norwell should go get it while he can.  For many guys like him, this might be his one BIG payday, by all means, cash it in.

About Gano, who knew?  Gano was a proven commodity, Butker was a rookie.  Sure, he was talented, but a rookie none the less.  We know what we're getting with Gano, but there's a chance Butker goes belly up as well.  Or vice versa.  I mean, it's kickers in the NFL.  I understand the hindsight stuff, but you have to look at it where they all are. 

19 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Norwell has been a wonderful surprise for us, but he's due his pay.  We paid Trai the big money, so Norwell should go get it while he can.  For many guys like him, this might be his one BIG payday, by all means, cash it in.

About Gano, who knew?  Gano was a proven commodity, Butker was a rookie.  Sure, he was talented, but a rookie none the less.  We know what we're getting with Gano, but there's a chance Butker goes belly up as well.  Or vice versa.  I mean, it's kickers in the NFL.  I understand the hindsight stuff, but you have to look at it where they all are. 

I was half kidding about Gano. 

But only half because he was absolutely horrible in 2016.

4 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

He sure was.

Was he the worst kicker ever?  Did he deserve immediate cutting?  Would you trust a rookie or someone who has at least made SOME kicks?

How often do teams really strike gold with rookies?

I'm not saying going with Gano was correct, I am saying there's a logic there.

Archived