• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Sony Michel

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I'm kinda suprised Saquon Barkley measured in at 6'0'' and over 230 lbs. Hes strangely has simular size to Ezekiel Elliot even though I rarely see him play with  a hardnosed downhill style. NFL defenses are going to key in on his preferences to cut runs outside so im interested to see how he does as a rookie 

He played with a hardnosed downhill style his entire career. I watched every snap of his PSU games. There were a lot more runs up the middle where he had to go downhill and burst through defenders than people remember. And he did so very well most times. Sometimes there were 2 defenders in the backfield before the play developed, and he was forced to adjust and juke outside, which he also did very well. 

But don't be fooled. He is an all purpose back capable of any play you ask of him on the football field. 

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Ok, so...Michel is not the same back as Chubb.  Chubb is tougher bigger and more of a pounder.  Michel is quicker and maybe a little faster but not a "complete back"

You can say he is not a complete back all you like,  but there is a reason he is ranked ahead of Chubb by Mayock and Kiper, to name a few.  

A "little" faster?

Tougher? Both Chubb and Michel have had their injury problems at different points. Michel is tough,  and he is tougher lately 

Michel is also an able blocker which is very very important.  This can't be overstated, or overlooked. 

I get that you like Chubb,  as do I (just not as much as Michel), but don't downplay Sony.  I am not the only one that has called him a "complete back." He may be the most complete back in this draft class (more complete than even Barkley). Do your research.  He is known for his versatility for a reason. 

2 hours ago, stirs said:

Lots of quality guys, no reason to pick on high.

I figure this guy will go in the 4th, but if he is there in the 5th, I would pull the trigger.  Pretty much the exact weight of Stewart but has a quicker burst around the line

Plays for the right school,.. will he be a Jonathan Stewart or a Kenyon Barner, that is the question,..

1 hour ago, Marcogreenbush said:

He's a beast but the best running backs in this draft from my algorithms is Ronald jones , rashad penny and Royce freeman 

Jones has grown on me. Not a fan of Freeman. Penny no earlier than the 3rd. I think he runs to upright too. Although undersized Walton is a huge sleeper. 

I don’t think we need a Stewart clone. The benefit of having these versatile backs who can catch with speed is that you can use them as a single back or at the same time and play calling doesn’t have to change. The one limitation CMac has is he’s not serious between in the tackles runner. Michel can do that AND everything else.

CMac and Michel would be a sick backfield.

17 hours ago, Shocker said:

After Barkley who might bust himself...I like Chubb best for us.  Freeman is an obvious player with amazing mileage but incredible production. 

Chubb is a no nonsense north south runner who can get going and dominate.  Better speed than given credit for as well.  Can catch too, just wasn't asked too.  He is a big time player with toughness.

Chubb was good his 1st yr in college. Got hurt and has not been the same. Played in the Sec on the Westside where defense was suspect. Against Auburn and Alabama did not look that good was outplayed by Michel. Rather have Michel.

Archived