• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers meet with Sony Michel

Jeremy Igo

I think (hope) our organization is open to possibly trading back from 24. A lot can change btwn now and April, but if a top-flight prospect that crosses off the need/value/BPA isn't sitting there at 24, it's a prime spot to trade back from. Esp if a QB slips or if Lamar Jackson lights up the combine/proday. 

I could def see a scenario where Ridley, Guice, top CBs/SAF, Davenport, and IOL are all off the board. Too early for TE

Michel at the end of R1/early R2 would be a great get and add a couple of picks. I too prefer Michel over Chubb, so having a 1-2 punch of Michel-McCaffrey in our backfield for the future would be amazing.

Then again... Hurney is solid in R1, but sketchy after that....sooooo. Haha

1 hour ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Sony is a complete back. I’d rather not pick him at 24, it’s what it would take, but if there is no stud (WR-Ridley, OT-McGlinchey, DT-Key, or S-James)who do you pick? It’s tough to pick Ronnie Harrison, who I like or Christian Kirk or Will Hernandez with Michel on the board

Ok, so...Michel is not the same back as Chubb.  Chubb is tougher bigger and more of a pounder.  Michel is quicker and maybe a little faster but not a "complete back"

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Ok, so...Michel is not the same back as Chubb.  Chubb is tougher bigger and more of a pounder.  Michel is quicker and maybe a little faster but not a "complete back"

Rivera indicated they be looking for more of a complete back than a pure power back (cited Tomlinson as an example).

59 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I think (hope) our organization is open to possibly trading back from 24. A lot can change btwn now and April, but if a top-flight prospect that crosses off the need/value/BPA isn't sitting there at 24, it's a prime spot to trade back from. Esp if a QB slips or if Lamar Jackson lights up the combine/proday. 

I could def see a scenario where Ridley, Guice, top CBs/SAF, Davenport, and IOL are all off the board. Too early for TE

Michel at the end of R1/early R2 would be a great get and add a couple of picks. I too prefer Michel over Chubb, so having a 1-2 punch of Michel-McCaffrey in our backfield for the future would be amazing.

Then again... Hurney is solid in R1, but sketchy after that....sooooo. Haha

I’ve had similar thoughts on this. Would really like to trade our 1st and 2nd to Cleveland for their 2 2nds(#33 and 35). Early day two is where the value is for me. Michel is a great back who I would love to have. Although I could see him going in between 24 and 33 so he would probably be gone. Tough to take another RB 1st round. But he would have to be considered if he is there. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

More the style of Tomlinson than the quality.

Basically, a guy like Michel would be a closer fit to that mold than a guy like Chubb.

After Barkley who might bust himself...I like Chubb best for us.  Freeman is an obvious player with amazing mileage but incredible production. 

Chubb is a no nonsense north south runner who can get going and dominate.  Better speed than given credit for as well.  Can catch too, just wasn't asked too.  He is a big time player with toughness.

5 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Cmac is a LT type back. 

how so? CMC wasn't bursting long runs for the most part and didnt run too well on the inside either. LT def had a power element to his game that is totally missing from McCaffrey

Archived