• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Orlando Brown might drop to 24

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

Aw, hell, I thought I put that.

Braden Smith.

Another OG from Notre Dame, Quenton Nelson, also pushed 35 and a OG from UTEP, Will Hernandez, topped the OL group at 37.

If Hernandez drops to our 2nd, good Lord Hurney better not wait 1 damn second to run to the podium. I love Norwell, but if he walks, Hernandez would be a hell of a replacement.....

Orlando Brown was arguably the best Offensive Linemen in the Country the past two years. And you got dip poo Huddler 1 & 2 (not you Scot) acting like they've watched Oklahoma games, stating Brown is a Second Round talent. Huddle is LITERALLY going to Huddle. 

22 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Dude just ran 5.77 and 5.86 in the 40. Mayock just said that not a single OL that ran worse than 5.7 had a career in the NFL. 9 of them and 1 was drafted last year, so has a chance. Throw in the 14 reps and he's going to drop like a rock. He couldn't be any worse of an athlete. Do you really think he'll be able to out muscle a bull rush or get outside on Von Miller? I hope we don't take a risk on him until the 5th at the earliest. I know, just the combine and while I agree on the combine stars who weren't great football guys being overrated, I do think that great college guys who perform awfully is a good indicator that they will struggle in the NFL.

I honestly don't get a good feel on any of the OTs talked about in the 1st and 2nd rounds, even McGlinchey. That's why I thought some of those early mocks with 4 OTs (Brown, McGlinchey and the UT/UCLA tackles) in the 1st round.

I love the point Mayock made about someone saying you can't build a team of "exceptions". 

I think sometimes evaluators try to prove the stats wrong or act like they know more then the next guy but over time the odds play out.

Everyone likes to talk about the 4.7 receiver who actually makes it but they don't talk about all of them that don't.  Maybe you don't sign Jerry Rice but at the same time you might save yourself from being wrong 98 other times.

55 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Dude just ran 5.77 and 5.86 in the 40. Mayock just said that not a single OL that ran worse than 5.7 had a career in the NFL. 9 of them and 1 was drafted last year, so has a chance. Throw in the 14 reps and he's going to drop like a rock. He couldn't be any worse of an athlete. Do you really think he'll be able to out muscle a bull rush or get outside on Von Miller? I hope we don't take a risk on him until the 5th at the earliest. I know, just the combine and while I agree on the combine stars who weren't great football guys being overrated, I do think that great college guys who perform awfully is a good indicator that they will struggle in the NFL.

I honestly don't get a good feel on any of the OTs talked about in the 1st and 2nd rounds, even McGlinchey. That's why I thought some of those early mocks with 4 OTs (Brown, McGlinchey and the UT/UCLA tackles) in the 1st round.

Brown was the best Offensive Linemen in College Football for 2 straight years. Not to mention, he had to block for a QB that's constantly roaming around the pocket like Baker Mayfield. I think he'll be a damn good Linemen in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I get all this but my reaction is still the same as it was on the first page of the thread.

Show me the game tape.

EXACTLY. We need pass protection, and he is very solid at that. If he can only allow 3 sacks to a QB that's constantly moving around like Mayfield, he would be just fine. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Is he purposely tanking at the combine?  It sure looks like it. If its not on purpose then lets stay far away from him. 

I bet we hear about an "undisclosed" injury from his agent or coach or something  during the combine or just before his pro day

Archived