• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT Orlando Brown might drop to 24

Jeremy Igo

Actually, he might drop to the second round because of former injury issues, less than 300 lbs and short arms for a tackle

EDIT  I was thinking of the other OT from Texas

From GBNreport yesterday

‘Horns OT disappoints in early OL combine numbers … Unfortuantely, we don’t have anyone in Indianapolis this week for the scouting combine so we’re picking up results from wherever we can. Courtesy of Walter Football here are some early numbers from this morning’s weigh-in session for the offensive linemen. Perhaps this biggest story out of those early numbers are that Texas OT Connor Williams really didn’t measure up all that well. Williams, who many consider to be a potential top 10-20 prospect for this year’s draft who might go even higher if he checks out medically after missing most of the 2017 season, weighed in at only 296 pounds and, worse, registered just 33-inch arms whereas most teams are looking for something closer to 35 for a prototype shut-down LT prospect.

2 minutes ago, manu4t said:

Non-rhetorical question - at this point would OT be more of a priority than S or WR in the first round?

I would say no. Kalil was not great, but serviceable, and we have a young guy waiting in the wings for a shot in Moton. 

We didn't lose because of OT play last year, we lost because we didn't have playmakers on Offense for Cam to throw to. 

We are way thinner at WR and Safety than we are at OT. 

2 minutes ago, stirs said:

Actually, he might drop to the second round because of former injury issues, less than 300 lbs and short arms for a tackle

Is that for McGlinchey? Brown is like 350.

I like Brown a lot. The guy is a monster that dominated in college. He's got "Right Tackle" written all over him.

Just now, Cracka McNasty said:

I would say no. Kalil was not great, but serviceable, and we have a young guy waiting in the wings for a shot in Moton. 

We didn't lose because of OT play last year, we lost because we didn't have playmakers on Offense for Cam to throw to. 

We are way thinner at WR and Safety than we are at OT. 

My feeling as well.  FA may do something on one position or the other, but we dont have the money to spend on both in terms of getting quality starters. 

Archived