• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater to backup Cam Newton?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

I would prefer Bradford to help out with accuracy on intermediate and short passes.

LOL NO!!!! you would have a million people calling for Bradford to be starter

he's one of those guys that no matter how much he fails he should always get a 2nd 3rd 4rth 5th chance

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Ummmm, he's going to make a lot more than we would be willing to pay a backup QB.

Are you sure about that? Lots of teams are gonna be scared about that leg. And we should be too. Price tag needs to be really low. He hasn’t proved he’s back from it.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Are you sure about that? Lots of teams are gonna be scared about that leg. And we should be too. Price tag needs to be really low. He hasn’t proved he’s back from it.

Teams will take a chance on a starting QB, which I believe him to be.

I'm not saying that he will make top half of the league starting money, but I do think that he will command a fairly large "prove it" deal.  Denver, Jacksonville, Minny, and Jets all need a QB, not to mention teams like the Steelers and Giants could overpay for a backup knowing that Eli and Ben are on their last legs.  That would give him another year of rehab, then he could start in 19 when those two are gone.

What I'm saying, is I think he will likely be a backup, but will likely be paid like the 25-35 or so QB in the NFL.

Archived