• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 -> WR, RB, G, S, CB

Jeremy Igo

I think when all is said and done, we will end up with a G/C at #24.  Probably one of Billy Price (likely the top target, but a good chance he'll be gone), James Daniels from Iowa (starting to see him in first round discussions, even though he is a bit undersized), or Isaiah Wynn (looked very good at G at the Senior Bowl, and there is talk he could end up at C).

Skill positions such as WR and DE are both needs and would be flashier picks, but there just doesn't look to be a safe pick at either position in the bottom of the first.  I guess if they have a high enough grade on Goedert they could take him.  But I don't see Marty taking a pick with the future in mind, not while he is fighting for his future.  He'll probably take the safe pick and bring in someone that can plug in out of the gate.  

And barring the unlikely dropping of James, I don't see a can't miss Safety at 24, so we'll probably fill that later.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm assuming Igo is leaving off DE because rookie DEs usually aren't instant impact players unless they're top 10 picks. Most of them take a year or two before they hit their stride in the NFL.

Carl Lawson, Takk McKinley  and Derek Barnett  weren't top 10 picks..

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Carl Lawson, Takk McKinley  and Derek Barnett  weren't top 10 picks..

Lawson is a LB. McKinley played in less than 40% of the Falcons defensive snaps. Derek Barnett wasn't quite top 10, but he went #14.

There are always exceptions, but DEs by and large take a year or two of seasoning at the NFL level.

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

Trade down to round 2 and get extra picks.  Fleece rounds 2 and 3.

I say this every year. Especially at 24, we're in the territory that unless you get very lucky, there are 25-30 players of equal potential, so need has a higher impact.

I'd like to pick up an extra 2 or 3 to help fill holes- G, S, CB, WR, DE.

if Hurney sticks with bpa, don't be surprised if we go G,C, DB, or even LB at 24.

We'll end up with a boring pick that turns out to be a pretty good player.  Hurney will be criticized by half the board no matter who the pick is, about 20% of the board will defend him no matter who the pick is, and the rest will shitpost or discuss when training camp begins.

We really need to pick up 3 or 4 key players in free agency.  I think the pick could be Price as already mentioned--LG to C next year.

In free agency, S and WR are pretty strong.  CB to some degree.  If we could add a WR, S, DT (rotational), and DE (peppers), we could start to think about the draft..  If we did that, I would still draft a RB, WR, CB, S, TE, OG/C, and OT.   

TEs are more valuable in Panthers offense than WRs. Perfect time to draft one, since this class is pretty talented.

21 minutes ago, Panfan35 said:

If no WR is there the top TE might be a option another set of hands and a replacement for Olsen. We can pick a G and have a package with all G’s on the line and run power lol

Archived