• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 -> WR, RB, G, S, CB

Jeremy Igo

43 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney needs a home run in round one, meaning a day one starter. As such, I feel WR, RB, G, S, CB positions will offer the highest probability of that happening on this team.

Adjust your mocks accordingly.

Whats your honest take on CMC and our selection of him at #8. What do you think his potential is?

11 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

This is a pretty good draft for secondary talent. Especially cornerback. Would love us to strike one to help Worley and Bradberry compete and get better.

that's why I really hope Josh Jackson doesnt blaze the 40, really want that kid

WR lack any top end stars at all, but they have very good depth in terms of 2nd-3rd rounder level guys all through and through. Could find some raw guy with good physical traits we can build on, but don't expect day one starters from this class.

James Washington or Anthony Miller would be day 1 starters for us and possibly there at our pick in the 2nd

Safety clearly is a need, but I haven't dived in deep to look into that.

Ironically, this is a stacked guard/center draft, and those could arguably be our more pressing needs there. Billy Price is undoubtedly someone we'll look at and wouldn't see me complaining if we picked him up.

Price is going to be the first Center off the board. Ragnow is a kid who's Really Talented and will be available a little later.  Like Price he can play OG and C

Finally, once again we have a deep RB class. Derrius Guice by our pick would be amazing and I'd love to see him as our Stewart replacement. Nick Chubb would be a fine complementary prize otherwise, and it sounds like the Panthers like him too. Lots of solid power guys we can grab and build up for our Double Trouble 2.0.

Defensive Ends are very, very lackluster. The top guy - Bradley Chubb -  would probably only be the fifth best DE over the past two years drafts. After that, everyone I'm looking at, I wouldn't even consider them in the top half of the 2nd round. Very very thin and poor DE class unfortunately.

Defensive tackles, however, are stacked. If we feel the need for another DT, we got a whollleeee lot to choose from.

Offensive Tackles are meh.  Just a mediocre OT class this go around.

meh OT class but Waaaaaaay better than last years horrid class. Some pretty good RT prospects in this class.

16 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Whats your honest take on CMC and our selection of him at #8. What do you think his potential is?

The guy had 1086 yards from scrimmage as a rookie. That's pretty damn good. Yes, Kareem Hunt had over 1700 but he also had 128 more touches than CMC did. Hunt averaged 5.5 yards per touch. CMC averaged 5.5 yards per touch. 

Alvin Kamara was the most impactful RB in the draft during his rookie season with over 1500 yards in roughly the same number of touches as CMC but I'd also argue that overall the Saints did a much better job of properly utilizing Kamara.

I think we'll have a much better idea as to the answer to CMC's potential this season when he's working under a real NFL OC and is likely playing as the #1 RB instead of splitting time with an over the hill power back.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm assuming Igo is leaving off DE because rookie DEs usually aren't instant impact players unless they're top 10 picks. Most of them take a year or two before they hit their stride in the NFL.

Plus , I thought it was already hinted/almost confirmed that Pep was more than likely returning?

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The guy had 1086 yards from scrimmage as a rookie. That's pretty damn good. Yes, Kareem Hunt had over 1700 but he also had 128 more touches than CMC did. Hunt averaged 5.5 yards per touch. CMC averaged 5.5 yards per touch. 

Alvin Kamara was the most impactful RB in the draft during his rookie season with over 1500 yards in roughly the same number of touches as CMC but I'd also argue that overall the Saints did a much better job of properly utilizing Kamara.

I think we'll have a much better idea as to the answer to CMC's potential this season when he's working under a real NFL OC and is likely playing as the #1 RB instead of splitting time with an over the hill power back.

This exactly.  While Kamara has earned the attention and respect he is receiving, he also played for a coach that knew how to fully utilize his skill set, while CMC played for one that admitted they were still figuring out how to use him at the end of the season.  That won't be the case this year.  Norv will take advantage of every tool CMC has in his belt.  I think this year we truly find out what he is...and I believe we are going to like what we see.

Archived