• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 1 -> WR, RB, G, S, CB

Jeremy Igo

WR scares me..because, you know Hurneys record for them and Cams inaccuracy for what ever reason....i.e. shty line, shty seperation, shty route design, shty mechanics.... we need a solid contributor in round 1.   I'm leaning towards DE (i get it, shty DE class) or Saftey...get a fat mean RB in the second round...LB wouldn't surprise me...TD leaving...Luke concussion shaky ...

4 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

There isn’t a single WR in this draft worth a first rounder. So with that and Hurneys track record I pray went don’t take a WR.

I guarantee there will end up being WRs taken in this draft that would've been well worth a 1st round pick. Now whether or not they're guys who actually go in the 1st we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

DE is a big need too. Especially if Peppers doesn’t come back...

I'm assuming Igo is leaving off DE because rookie DEs usually aren't instant impact players unless they're top 10 picks. Most of them take a year or two before they hit their stride in the NFL.

This is a pretty good draft for secondary talent. Especially cornerback. Would love us to strike one to help Worley and Bradberry compete and get better.

WR lack any top end stars at all, but they have very good depth in terms of 2nd-3rd rounder level guys all through and through. Could find some raw guy with good physical traits we can build on, but don't expect day one starters from this class.

Safety clearly is a need, but I haven't dived in deep to look into that.

Ironically, this is a stacked guard/center draft, and those could arguably be our more pressing needs there. Billy Price is undoubtedly someone we'll look at and wouldn't see me complaining if we picked him up.

Finally, once again we have a deep RB class. Derrius Guice by our pick would be amazing and I'd love to see him as our Stewart replacement. Nick Chubb would be a fine complementary prize otherwise, and it sounds like the Panthers like him too. Lots of solid power guys we can grab and build up for our Double Trouble 2.0.

Defensive Ends are very, very lackluster. The top guy - Bradley Chubb -  would probably only be the fifth best DE over the past two years drafts. After that, everyone I'm looking at, I wouldn't even consider them in the top half of the 2nd round. Very very thin and poor DE class unfortunately.

Defensive tackles, however, are stacked. If we feel the need for another DT, we got a whollleeee lot to choose from.

Offensive Tackles are meh.  Just a mediocre OT class this go around.

Archived