• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ spent a day with Nick Chubb

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

I will admit that he's kind of a forgotten man,  but I still believe Mikel is the more complete back.  If Chubb could get some of that burst and power back like he had pre-injury,  and develop consistent hands, he will be a force to be reckoned with.  The question is, "Where do you take him?" That's going to depend on what he shows in workouts and who's available when you're on the clock.  He could turn out to be a steal. If by some chance he's there in round 3, I'd imagine that there wouldn't be any question. 

Right.  If I am going first round RB, I want http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/derrius-guice?id=2560101

Guice is a beast.  Marshawn Lynchish

40 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

This isn’t last years crop... only one worthy of a true first round pick right now precombine is Barkley and like hell we would get him.

Barkley isnt even the kind of back we need,  he has good size but he plays more like a finesse back andrarely tries to run people over,  not knonw for pushing piles

7 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

Barkley isnt even the kind of back we need,  he has good size but he plays more like a finesse back andrarely tries to run people over,  not knonw for pushing piles

That's not what I saw.  I saw a back that will juke and/or outrun you,  but one who will lay the wood on you as well.  I think he is as complete a back as I've seen in years.  I think that he can push a pile,  maybe not to the extent that Chubb or Freeman are known for,  but Chubb and Freeman haven't been nearly as dynamic.  

The same label was put on Michel by some,  but after more than a cursory look,  you see him laying the wood and pushing piles too. 

7 minutes ago, Pantha-kun said:

What the what... I saw a do it all back who wins with all the tools he has at his disposal. At 230 pounds he pretty much does what he wants.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's not what I saw.  I saw a back that will juke and/or outrun you,  but one who will lay the wood on you as well.  I think he is as complete a back as I've seen in years.  I think that he can push a pile,  maybe not to the extent that Chubb or Freeman are known for,  but Chubb and Freeman haven't been nearly as dynamic.  

The same label was put on Mikel by some,  but after more than a cursory look,  you see him laying the wood and pushing piles too. 

I agree Barkley is truely special... he is probably better than fournette and zeke all around and would be a wet dream for any team as a feature back. That said us landing him is basically impossible.

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I will admit that he's kind of a forgotten man,  but I still believe Michel is the more complete back.  If Chubb could get some of that burst and power back like he had pre-injury,  and develop consistent hands, he will be a force to be reckoned with.  The question is, "Where do you take him?" That's going to depend on what he shows in workouts and who's available when you're on the clock.  He could turn out to be a steal. If by some chance he's there in round 3, I'd imagine that there wouldn't be any question. 

We have the luxury of not needing a complete back. 

4 hours ago, MechaZain said:

We have the luxury of not needing a complete back. 

Is that more a luxury or just a reality of the situation? Lucky for us that CMC might be complete enough, in the sense that when he comes in,  the opposition is not really sure if he's going to run between the tackles or catch it out in the flat.  Essentially tipping your hat to the opposition is not the ideal situation,  but if you have a good line and other weapons you can get away with it. 

Archived