• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JJ spent a day with Nick Chubb

Jeremy Igo

Lots of folks would like to see him in Carolina.

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/02/27/nfl-draft-combine-2018-nick-chubb-georgia-training?__twitter_impression=true

"Worthington wants to use all that force and mass he and Chubb have been building for years. In the past six weeks, he’s been working with Chubb to regain some of the strength he feels Chubb lost in college. He says Chubb has since hit every mark he had pre-injury—every bench, clean and squat. 

Lowering his voice, Worthington says Chubb has benched 425 pounds in the past month and squatted more than 650 pounds. He thinks Chubb could have done more but didn’t want to risk anything. And it’s that knowledge of one another that convinces Worthington that Chubb made the right choice in spurning some performance facility and staying home."

12 minutes ago, Rags said:

I haven't really seen much of Chubbs or Michaels but what I've seen of both, I'd be happy with either.

I really hope we don't try to have CMac as the feature back with CAP or someone backing him up

CMC role as a receiver is going to grow but he should still be involved in the running game as #2 

Chubb is the exact type of power runner you need to bring physicality. 

Double Trouble 

I will admit that he's kind of a forgotten man,  but I still believe Michel is the more complete back.  If Chubb could get some of that burst and power back like he had pre-injury,  and develop consistent hands, he will be a force to be reckoned with.  The question is, "Where do you take him?" That's going to depend on what he shows in workouts and who's available when you're on the clock.  He could turn out to be a steal. If by some chance he's there in round 3, I'd imagine that there wouldn't be any question. 

Archived