• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Smith had a massive coronary.

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, davos said:

Yeah...I'm not on the side that eating plant-based is some magical cure and I'm a weird oober liberal Cali designer.  Some weird mother flickers in here for a football forum.  

Not a magical cure for everything. But high blood pressure? You bet.

21 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I was told this by my doctor. Was told my high blood pressure was genetic and that i would need meds the rest of my life. After 2 months of eating plant based, I was off all meds. 

Its bullpoo. Very rarely is high blood pressure not correctable through diet. 

wait, a doctor wanted to keep selling meds to you?

On 3/24/2018 at 6:45 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

I've turned about a dozen people on to this over the past year. All are off their blood pressure meds now. 

Just a big coincidence I guess. The people who profit off of selling drugs to sick people say it isn't possible.

Kevin Trudeau? I keed. To me if you have high blood pressure what do you have to lose going vegan? if it works fantastic. if not take a look at other things and tweak your diet some more.

I'm no Tom Cruise but I'm not a fan of meds unless a life or death scenario.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 6:39 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

You do that. Tons of money in unnecessary drugs you have to take for your lifetime. It's a booming industry.

yeah i was about to say this

i feel its less about whats best for the patient and more about what generates the most money 

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2018 at 1:48 PM, PurityControl said:

Meat can be a part of a healthy diet, you don't have to eat a Old 96er every time you consume meat. 

you dont have to have meat most meals.  People seem to not know that.  

I am amazed if I get into a eating habit discussion (I am not a vegetarian or vegan) to find out how many people eat meat at least 2x (sometimes 3x) daily as part of a normal diet!!  Meat makes an appearance for me at a couple dinners a week - I would feel sick as hell if I consumed it multiple times a day.

On 2/26/2018 at 10:14 AM, Dex said:

My girl is vegan. About 25% of my diet is chicken and fish. The rest is plant based/fruit/nuts. I take in about 250g of protein a day and doing that vegan is extremely difficult. Can't ever see myself going full vegan but I do limit my red meat and dairy intake.

Who?! What?! Why haven't I heard about her! 

:crying:

On 2/26/2018 at 10:57 AM, t96 said:

Spending any time in the sun, with or without sunscreen, raises your risk of getting skin cancer. Guess we should all just stay out of the sun 100% of the time then.

Most of the time if u don't want skin cancer. 

23 minutes ago, Cat said:

Who?! What?! Why haven't I heard about her! 

:crying:

We broke up shortly after she dislocated my shoulder while we were having sex. Not a joke. She was a dime though and a big goofball. I miss her a lot. 

IMG-20180316-WA0000.thumb.jpg.f2022e5e234aaff8e48d8811eaa78a40.jpgIMG-20180303-WA0014.thumb.jpg.2257a731213e8f9f6bea39b1b301ecaa.jpg

3 hours ago, Cat said:

Most of the time if u don't want skin cancer. 

You’re making my point. Maybe stay away from red meat, cigars, whatever people enjoy that has a little bit of risk, most of the time but that doesn’t mean you avoid red meat or whatever like the plague. Just balance it and weigh the risk.

For example for me personally if cutting red meat out of my diet 100% would add 5 years to my life compared to eating it 5 meals a week I would much rather live with the joy I get from eating that for 5 less years than 5 years more without that joy. Completely made up numbers but I just find it silly for people to try to preach and force on others their extreme lifestyles. Everybody is different and can make their own choices.  Not everybody has to be a vegetarian.

10 hours ago, Fryfan said:

you dont have to have meat most meals.  People seem to not know that.  

I am amazed if I get into a eating habit discussion (I am not a vegetarian or vegan) to find out how many people eat meat at least 2x (sometimes 3x) daily as part of a normal diet!!  Meat makes an appearance for me at a couple dinners a week - I would feel sick as hell if I consumed it multiple times a day.

Everyone has their idea of "Normal" 

2 hours ago, t96 said:

You’re making my point. Maybe stay away from red meat, cigars, whatever people enjoy that has a little bit of risk, most of the time but that doesn’t mean you avoid red meat or whatever like the plague. Just balance it and weigh the risk.

For example for me personally if cutting red meat out of my diet 100% would add 5 years to my life compared to eating it 5 meals a week I would much rather live with the joy I get from eating that for 5 less years than 5 years more without that joy. Completely made up numbers but I just find it silly for people to try to preach and force on others their extreme lifestyles. Everybody is different and can make their own choices.  Not everybody has to be a vegetarian.

When people have health issues and try alternative ways to help with it I'd listen.  Never know what you can do now to avoid things later.  If you dont have health you have nothing.

Archived