• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Smith had a massive coronary.

Jeremy Igo

So if meat and dairy is so bad, why don’t 100% of the people who consume them all have major health issues???

I’m sure a plant diet is better for certain conditions, but I disagree that it is the end-all cure to all of these major diseases. You can’t dismiss a persons genetic make up, their lifestyle (drinking, smoking, being stressed out, drug abuse), and whatever other chemicals/drugs that people subject themselves too.

Its simply foolish to suggest being Vegan will absolutely prevent these health issues.  In my opinion, it’s on the same level logic as someone who says banning guns would stop school shootings and violent crimes.

But hey, whatever works for you is cool. Everything in moderation 

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/human-ancestors-were-nearly-all-vegetarians/

the job of a generalist primate gut is primarily to eat pieces of plants. We have special immune systems, special brains, even special hands, but our guts are ordinary and for tens of millions of years those ordinary guts have tended to be filled with fruit, leaves, and the occasional delicacy of a raw hummingbird

On 2/26/2018 at 2:27 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Unless his dad also was morbidly obese and had the same diet.

Parent and kids usually have the same awful eating habits. Doesn't mean it's genetic.

Issues that metastasize into heart attacks are often genetic, I.E.-high blood pressure.  Don't let the kale get to your cock hombre.  

• 3 weeks later...
The "Clerks" director known for his "Silent Bob" character tweeted Wednesday that he was "officially down 20 pounds as of this morning."
"20 pounds in 13 days & my blood pressure is amazing," Smith tweeted. "How did this happen? @pennjillette & his book "Presto" turned me on to @RayCronise and his program at justsides.com My Doc said lose 50 pounds. 20 down, 30 more to go!"

Smith recently returned to his podcast "Hollywood Babble-On" and talked about adopting a plant-based diet.
He said a friend turned him on to a diet from Penn Jillette that the magician wrote about in the book "Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales."
"It's a pretty intense program, but it's been interesting and of course necessary for my health and stuff," Smith said. "But once I get to a decent place, then I can think about eating again."
Smith, 47, said his 18-year-old vegan daughter, Harley Quinn, is pretty excited that her dad is not eating anymore animal-related products.
"She's like, 'Welcome home brother,' " Smith said. "This doesn't come from a personal philosophy; this comes from an 'I have to.' I don't know if I call myself a vegan, maybe a non-animal eater."

On 3/6/2018 at 2:23 AM, saX man said:

Issues that metastasize into heart attacks are often genetic, I.E.-high blood pressure.  

I was told this by my doctor. Was told my high blood pressure was genetic and that i would need meds the rest of my life. After 2 months of eating plant based, I was off all meds. 

Its bullpoo. Very rarely is high blood pressure not correctable through diet. 

22 hours ago, Fryfan said:
The "Clerks" director known for his "Silent Bob" character tweeted Wednesday that he was "officially down 20 pounds as of this morning."
"20 pounds in 13 days & my blood pressure is amazing," Smith tweeted. "How did this happen? @pennjillette & his book "Presto" turned me on to @RayCronise and his program at justsides.com My Doc said lose 50 pounds. 20 down, 30 more to go!"

Smith recently returned to his podcast "Hollywood Babble-On" and talked about adopting a plant-based diet.
He said a friend turned him on to a diet from Penn Jillette that the magician wrote about in the book "Presto!: How I Made Over 100 Pounds Disappear and Other Magical Tales."
"It's a pretty intense program, but it's been interesting and of course necessary for my health and stuff," Smith said. "But once I get to a decent place, then I can think about eating again."
Smith, 47, said his 18-year-old vegan daughter, Harley Quinn, is pretty excited that her dad is not eating anymore animal-related products.
"She's like, 'Welcome home brother,' " Smith said. "This doesn't come from a personal philosophy; this comes from an 'I have to.' I don't know if I call myself a vegan, maybe a non-animal eater."

Penn Gilette's book is actually really great. Get the audio book because he narrates it himself really well. 

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I was told this by my doctor. Was told my high blood pressure was genetic and that i would need meds the rest of my life. After 2 months of eating plant based, I was off all meds. 

Its bullpoo. Very rarely is high blood pressure not correctable through diet. 

Nothing against you, but being in genetic testing myself, I'll trust the docs on this one.    

Archived