• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Smith had a massive coronary.

Jeremy Igo

I had my heart issue three years ago but it's cause was all the drugs I am on for my transplant. A stress test a couple of years prior showed no problems. I also had 100 percent blockage and needed the stent put in up from the groin. The only positive out of the whole thing is that apparently the best looking nurses get into cardiovascular care.

I don't get how anyone can be a true vegan. 

yeah, we over eat meat in this country and tons of diets push over eating meat...but there is nothing wrong w/ some good fish and chicken in your diet.  

I'm currently trying to alter my diet and get back in to regular exercise.   I kinda went to heck when we had kids.  Got lazy.  Backed on some pounds. 

3 hours ago, PurityControl said:

He also said his father suffered a massive heart attack so genetic factors obviously played role as well.

Unless his dad also was morbidly obese and had the same diet.

Parent and kids usually have the same awful eating habits. Doesn't mean it's genetic.

working on decreasing my bp as its getting to the point of no return.  I'm not overweight and I dont eat like poo all the time, its just genetics.  For the most part I've cut out, fried stuff, processed foods, sugar, and high sodium foods and eating more foods with potassium.

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

working on decreasing my bp as its getting to the point of no return.  I'm not overweight and I dont eat like poo all the time, its just genetics.  For the most part I've cut out, fried stuff, processed foods, sugar, and high sodium foods and eating more foods with potassium.

Thats a good start. 

You can't convince me it's genetic until you cut out all animal products. That dropped my blood pressure almost overnight.  Give it a try for a few weeks. I bet it works.

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Unless his dad also was morbidly obese and had the same diet.

Parent and kids usually have the same awful eating habits. Doesn't mean it's genetic.

I'm not saying it’s all genetic, I'm a firm believer that good nutrition can fix a lot of health problems. Sh*t I make my living providing good nutrition for people with too much money that can't cook for themselves. 

But I’m saying maybe his genetic makeup wasn’t conducive to his unhealthy lifestyle.

I don’t think you can absolutely beat your genes with good nutrition but certainly mitigate some of the dangers.

2 hours ago, chknwing said:

Yeah if i was getting to the point of no return I wouldn't "for the most part" i would completely overhaul my diet. 

9 hours ago, CRA said:

I don't get how anyone can be a true vegan. 

yeah, we over eat meat in this country and tons of diets push over eating meat...but there is nothing wrong w/ some good fish and chicken in your diet.  

I'm currently trying to alter my diet and get back in to regular exercise.   I kinda went to heck when we had kids.  Got lazy.  Backed on some pounds. 

Just walking an hour a day, will allow for a lot of food sins. 

4 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Shame on you for using Kevin Smith almost dying to push your vegan agenda. That'd be like making a thread after Charlie Sheen dies saying "that's why you shouldn't have gay sex".

Kevin Smith's daughter and wife are vegan.  He commented himself about moving to that lifestyle after having the heart attack.

Not sure what your fetish with Charlie Sheen has anything to do with us discussing something Kevin Smith brought up.

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

Jeremy is spot on with his diet recommendations for a healthy body and mind.  Yall can try to pretend it doesn't matter what you eat/drink  or that moderation is all that matters but reality is reality.

Also, bourbon is tasty. To me. That is all..

Archived