• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Smith had a massive coronary.

Jeremy Igo

He is lucky to be alive.

Of course, now he is considering going vegan. 

Don't wait until your heart attack. This is conclusive science. Eat far less meat, dairy, eggs and far more plants. It will save your life.

(I am aware there is misleading information out there that tells you to enjoy all the meat and eggs you want and that it's perfectly healthy. It's fun to believe things you want to believe. Unfortunately, the advice is killing people daily from heart disease and various cancers.)

It's not like 100% all vegetarian diet, or eat tons of meat, sugar, etc. like complete sh*t are the only options. Those are the two ends of the spectrum. Much of America is indeed ridiculously unhealthy but many people enjoy plenty of meat and are very healthy. Regular exercise along with a well balanced diet, including meat (red and white), fish, dairy, fruits and vegetables, greens, nuts and seeds, etc. is all you need to be healthy.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

100% preventable, as in the vast majority of cases.

My girl is vegan. About 25% of my diet is chicken and fish. The rest is plant based/fruit/nuts. I take in about 250g of protein a day and doing that vegan is extremely difficult. Can't ever see myself going full vegan but I do limit my red meat and dairy intake.

2 minutes ago, Dex said:

My girl is vegan. About 25% of my diet is chicken and fish. The rest is plant based/fruit/nuts. I take in about 250g of protein a day and doing that vegan is extremely difficult. Can't ever see myself going full vegan but I do limit my red meat and dairy intake.

You do realize you burn most of that protein for energy right? A lot of it you piss away. You dont need anything close to 250g of protein. 

4 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

It's not like 100% all vegetarian diet, or eat tons of meat, sugar, etc. like complete sh*t are the only options. Those are the two ends of the spectrum. Much of America is indeed ridiculously unhealthy but many people enjoy plenty of meat and are very healthy. Regular exercise along with a well balanced diet, including meat (red and white), fish, dairy, fruits and vegetables, greens, nuts and seeds, etc. is all you need to be healthy.

More then 1.8 oz of red meat daily raises your risk for a heart attack.  Salted or processed meats raise it at even smaller amounts.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

You do realize you burn most of that protein for energy right? A lot of it you piss away. You dont need anything close to 250g of protein. 

I don't want to get into an argument with you but I've done my research over the years. Consulted doctors and nutritionist and with my workout routine (strongman/powerlifting) I should be getting 1.5g protein per lb of learn body mass. I'm trying to pack on muscle and recover quickly. If this was purely maintenance I'd cut it back to 150g. We have different opinions but there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'm happy for you and your life change even though I jest you now and again. But our goals are different and I need more protein to achieve mine.

36 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

More then 1.8 oz of red meat daily raises your risk for a heart attack.  Salted or processed meats raise it at even smaller amounts.

Spending any time in the sun, with or without sunscreen, raises your risk of getting skin cancer. Guess we should all just stay out of the sun 100% of the time then.

2 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Spending any time in the sun, with or without sunscreen, raises your risk of getting skin cancer. Guess we should all just stay out of the sun 100% of the time then.

I recommend plates of bacon and lots of sunshine for you Thomas.

That is irrelevant that we know factually that eating red meat above very minor amounts raises heart attack risks.  Contrary to what you posted earlier "very healthy".

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

I recommend plates of bacon and lots of sunshine for you Thomas.

That is irrelevant that we know factually that eating red meat above very minor amounts raises heart attack risks.  Contrary to what you posted earlier "very healthy".

The point is that the degree to which it raises it matters. You weigh the risks and benefits. Sure there’s risk in eating red meat but if you eat it in moderation that risky is minuscule and for most people the benefits outweigh that tiny risk. Ultimately there is risk in every single thing in life, and when making decisions it’s really only the degree that matters. You’re risking your life driving your car every day way more than you are eating red meat. People can make their own decisions. Trying to do what Jeremy is doing—forcing his vegetarian lifestyle on others—is pretty ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

The point is that the degree to which it raises it matters. You weigh the risks and benefits. Sure there’s risk in eating red meat but if you eat it in moderation that risky is minuscule and for most people the benefits outweigh that tiny risk. Ultimately there is risk in every single thing in life, and when making decisions it’s really only the degree that matters. You’re risking your life driving your car every day way more than you are eating red meat. People can make their own decisions. Trying to do what Jeremy is doing—forcing his vegetarian lifestyle on others—is pretty ridiculous.

Noones forcing anything snowflake.

Archived