• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney and drafting receivers

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If that were true, I would expect that some of them would have success when they moved to other teams.  Except for the aforementioned Lafell, they didn't.  

And LaFell was here with Cam so that goes against his point.

The Hurney bashing has completely spiraled out of control. For fugs sake can we not just ride this out and see how it goes? I don't even have to open the thread if I see Mr. Scot has posted I know it's to bash Hurney in some way. At least wait until after the draft to start bitching again. Every single thread being derailed into "HURNEY SUX!!! GETTLEMAGIC BABY!!!" is getting old quickly.

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

We spent money on Keyshawn Johnson and he had a hell of a season. Hurneymagic made that fall apart.

Do ppl not remember what happen?? The same reason Hurney got rid of Keyshawn is the same when Gman got rid of Smitty..

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The Hurney bashing has completely spiraled out of control. For fugs sake can we not just ride this out and see how it goes? I don't even have to open the thread if I see Mr. Scot has posted I know it's to bash Hurney in some way. At least wait until after the draft to start bitching again. Every single thread being derailed into "HURNEY SUX!!! GETTLEMAGIC BABY!!!" is getting old quickly.

Yes, I'm the only one who lacks faith in Marty Hurney.

This thread certainly bears that out, right?  I mean, look at all the people talking about how great a GM he is.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Do ppl not remember what happen?? The same reason Hurney got rid of Keyshawn is the same when Gman got rid of Smitty..

Not even remotely close.

As has been discussed numerous times, Smith was let go because he was in decline and he was holding Cam back from being a leader.

Johnson was let go because they believed Dwayne Jarrett could easily replace him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yes, I'm the only one who lacks faith in Marty Hurney.

This thread certainly bears that out, right?

You're not the only one but you're probably the most vocal and the only one I've seen writing novel length posts detailing your hatred over and over.

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If that were true, I would expect that some of them would have success when they moved to other teams.  Except for the aforementioned Lafell, they didn't.  

To be fair, I'd take LaFell now over some of our WRs. Turned into a solid possession guy for the Bengals. 

Maybe Andy Dalton is better than Cam?

Just now, The Natural said:

You're not the only one but you're probably the most vocal and the only one I've seen writing novel length posts detailing your hatred over and over.

Correct.  The only long posts I ever write are about Marty Hurney.

Most of the time my posts would barely fill a Tweet.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not even remotely close.

As has been discussed numerous times, Smith was let go because he was in decline and he was holding Cam back from being a leader.

Johnson was let go because they believed Dwayne Jarrett could easily replace him.

I remember there being rumblings of Keyshawn causing locker room issues and he certainly had a reputation from his other teams. Smith still had two great seasons after he was released sooooo.

Just now, The Natural said:

He's a little over the top with it, but honestly, go back and look at Hurney's last three drafts. Look at our cap situation at the time he was fired. Look at some of the contracts that were on the books.

I get the thought process of "let's just see how it all works out" but for those of us who were fans through the first Hurney era, we've already seen this movie before.

7 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Because a bunch of random fans who know nothing liked a pick at the time that makes it a great pick even though the player wound up being complete trash? I guess we should evaluate GMs for how much the fans liked the pick at the time and not by the results on the field.

It wasn't just fans.. Analyst, scouts, talking heads all thought the same way.. Let's step into reality.. 

The guys busted out for all kind of reason.. But coming out of college.  Jarret was a beast at USC.. He was a good prospect coming out.. Clausen was the most pro ready QB in that draft.. Most thought he was a top 10 pick.. Hurney made good decision on the picks.. Based off of all the metrics and their production college and on film.. He can't predict that Jarret wouldn't give a fug and Fox would fug Jimmy confidence to poo trying to get at Jerry..

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Correct.  The only long posts I ever write are about Marty Hurney.

Most of the time my posts would barely fill a Tweet.

You're a broken record dude. I used to enjoy your posts but as many others have stated.... You need to take a break for awhile man.

13 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If he is still playing, he is a hit.  Not a big one, but a hit none the less.  Leaving out Lafell, KB probably has more catches that every receiver that Hurney ever drafted, combined.  

Please, KB was a first rounder who was drafted to replace Steve Smith. He was a huge disappointment. A lot of those Hurney picks were drafted as kick returners or WR 3/4/5 depth. No one with a brain believed Pilares, Carter or Joe Adams would turn into pro bowlers.

Archived