• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney and drafting receivers

Jeremy Igo

42 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

He wasn’t GM when we drafted Smitty. Not counting Moose coming back, Hurney did not add 1 single legit WR in his entire time as GM here...

All the people cheering for DG gone and also wanting to get Cam weapons are getting exactly what they wished for. Hurney wasting resources on sh*tty receivers. 

Injury was major reason for decline last years production. 

I believe the coaches have faith in 

Funchess

CMC

Samuel

Byrd

Clay

lower round rookie 

3 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

They weren’t mad with most of the moves Hurney made at the time. It’s all the hindsight bullshit. Still I wouldn’t mind the Hurney bashing if they didnt actually wish to have Gettleman back with it. I don’t want either, but I’d take Hurney over fat man every day of the week. 

I find it hilarious watching ppl who have been here for years act like they didn't have a opinion on the move when it happened or was against it from the start..

When in reality Hurney could have gotten free Blow jobs here for getting Jarret in the 2nd round.. We got Beason, Kali and CJ in that draft.. But that day It was "Omg we got Jarret" Steal of the draft.. Funny how ppl forget when it makes them look bad...

His track record with drafting wr's and Norv system needing a number stretch the defense type of guy leads me to believe we will at least try to trade for someone. Only problem is trading only gives you TWO legit options, both can be had for the right price but what will that price be. 

1 minute ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Ditto - I really liked him and just had a hunch he would turn out to be really good. Just didn't happen. 

If I remember correctly there was one game in particular, it might have been against the Bucs where he completely balled out. I thought he was definitely going to be our answer beside Smith for years.

Archived