• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney and drafting receivers

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Okay genius who was a better pick in the 6th round that year.. And before you give a dumb answer .. That person has to be a 2x pro bowler picked after hardy..

Anyone that didn’t cause 13.6 million to vanish from our salary cap. Especially when cap room can roll over. Had he played that year, then he earns it and it wasn’t wasted

Just now, Gin and Juice said:

Anyone that didn’t cause 13.6 million to vanish from our salary cap. Especially when cap room can roll over. Had he played that year, then he earns it and it wasn’t wasted

The GM cause that not the player try again..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's one player.. For this to be such a easy move you need to add 20 to 30 more players to that list..

Jesus Christ man, you're being dense as hell tonight. YOU ASKED FOR ONE PLAYER. It's very easy to say that arguably the best WR in football would've been a better pick than a guy who's been out of the league for two years now. 

You just didn't realize that Brown was in that same draft and you feel dumb for confidently asking someone to name a better player drafted after Hardy when there actually was an obviously better player drafted after Hardy that year.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Jesus Christ man, you're being dense as hell tonight. YOU ASKED FOR ONE PLAYER. It's very easy to say that arguably the best WR in football would've been a better pick than a guy who's been out of the league for two years now. 

Get off that fug poo dude.. You knew what I meant.. For this to be a valid argument you need  better % of success than picking 1 player out of 66 that was better than your actual pick..

Reality Check Hardy in the 6th round produced more than what 75 80% of that draft ... How the fug is that a bad pick..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Get off that fug poo dude.. You knew what I meant.. For this to be a valid argument you need  better % of success than picking 1 player out of 66 that was better than your actual pick..

Reality Check Hardy in the 6th round produced more than what 75 80% of that draft ... How the fug is that a bad pick..

Are you being intentionally dense or what? I assumed you meant exactly what you typed. You asked for a player drafted after Hardy who was better. I provided one. You didn't expect that to happen. Now you're trying to move the goal posts... again.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Are you being intentionally dense or what? I assumed you meant exactly what you typed. You asked for a player drafted after Hardy who was better. I provided one. You didn't expect that to happen. Now you're trying to move the goal posts... again.

Good job slow clap.. Still doesn't change my opinion he was a great pick and help the team... is that better?? Okay you're right one player in the last 60 picks would have been better than H ardy..

On 2/23/2018 at 11:45 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

LaFell is by far the best WR that Hurney ever drafted and quite honestly he was the only NFL caliber WR that Hurney ever drafted and he was almost universally hated by Panthers fans. That says everything about Hurney and drafting WRs.

Ohhh wee mayne 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Ignore him. You can’t make factual and realistic responses to prove him wrong and have him learn his mistakes. He asked me about first downs with KB and he had more per target and a much higher first down % and it didn’t matter. He asked when we had a guy who produced like Landry and I showed him that KB’s yardage per season were 3% less and TDs were 35% more and he then brought up receptions as if you get a first down every 3 receptions. He gets hung up on certain GMs and players and defends them like they are his best friends. A bit odd if you ask me. 

Nah I just don't let stat jockey's get away with cherry picking numbers to fit their narrative.. You don't like.... That's  your fault.. Pick a better way to frame your argument...  

I like the way you didn't read thru the conversation but since you got faced in another thread .. You automatically went to your feelings and did a psychological break down of me.. 

Thanks for the free session Doc..

37 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Cherry picking = looking at career stats or responding directly to your request. You asked me about first downs between KB and Landry and it showed KB was better. You asked @LinvilleGorge to show someone else and he provides you with a perfect example and somehow you try to spin it that you won the argument.

You live in your own world man. I hope you enjoy it there. Just an FYI, there’s a big world of differing opinions out there and most of them are better than yours. Adios muchacho and enjoy your weekend.

Since You're still bother by this..

1. My point was based on a generalized fact that .. Landry by the mere ability he catches more balls is never Injuried has produced more 1st downs than KB.. "You" went on your stat hunt for the caveat of "per".. When again I was talking sheer numbers.. Landry has played more he gets open more he catches more.. He produces more 1st downs.. Availability is a ability. 

2.The question was actually directed at Ginn not Limm.  Me and Limm were having a total different conversation than me and Ginn.  I quoted Ginn on that because I knew he didn't know the answer.. Limm jumped in and saved him.. That's why I came at Limm and said stop the fug poo you knew what I meant.. Because that question was directed and Ginn and Limm fuged up me catching Ginn flat footed.. Even then I still said Limm was right.. But the greater point was for a conversation I was having with Ginn not Limm..

Of course I live in my own world.. Most everybody here does.. I make enough money where I don't have  to live in your world or live my life by your views.. We may share common ground where we can meet.. But pretty you and I and everybody live in their own world with their own moral compass dealing with their own issues.. Once ppl recognize that and stop trying to force their world on others  this could be a better place.. That's just a philosophy... But in the case you're talking .. I just don't believe BS when I see it... You trying to piggy back and act like Landry and KB are on the same level WR wise is BS.. No stat you can bring me is going to change the fact of what I see.. Landry has better hands is a better route runner has Better production.. There is no the question of weight effort or mentality issue with Landry.. That is why Landry can command a more than 14mil salary and KB can't.. So the facts are they are not the same and are not on the same level...

Thank you for playing...

50 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. Cherry picking = looking at career stats or responding directly to your request. You asked me about first downs between KB and Landry and it showed KB was better. You asked @LinvilleGorge to show someone else and he provides you with a perfect example and somehow you try to spin it that you won the argument.

You live in your own world man. I hope you enjoy it there. Just an FYI, there’s a big world of differing opinions out there and most of them are better than yours. Adios muchacho and enjoy your weekend.

Oh and just to inform you Homie ..  When I'm wrong I'll admit it... But me and my opinion on football has been way more right than wrong.. When you want to archive opinions .. Let me know...

Archived