• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney and drafting receivers

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Darrel Willimson has only started for 1 year.. So again what the fug are you talking.. Again YOU are giving solid grades to players who haven't done poo just earned starting minutes or been in the league 1 year.. Based off your Criteria.. Ricky Manning , Richard Marshall, D Foster, Geoff Shwarts, Kris Magnum, and a lot of other players were solid...

Williams has shown a lot of potential in his limited starts. Limited because of injuries.

Manning was a solid pick, but rule changes took away his strength! The others you named are no better than Worley is currently during there first 2 years.

Geoff did make huge strides on the backside of his career. But it took him awhile. Kind of like Norman and Hardy

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Drop the 6th rounder stuff. It isn't about that. My initial reply was solely regarding whether or not it's fair to blame Hurney for the situation Hardy ultimately put himself in. Yes. Yes it is. The red flags were there.

You argue that he was worth the risk in the 6th round. Okay, I can understand that. No argument there. But no, you cannot resolve Hurney of blame for that ultimate situation.

Again I disagree.. You aren't going to convince me giving a person a chance to be a better person by bettering their lives .. Is a bad thing even if that person fugs up.. I give money to homeless  ppl sometimes with the "intent" on them using it for good and helping themselves.. It is not my fault if they use it for crack... WTF are you talking about??

2 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

Williams has shown a lot of potential in his limited starts. Limited because of injuries.

Manning was a solid pick, but rule changes took away his strength! The others you named are no better than Worley is currently during there first 2 years.

Geoff did make huge strides on the backside of his career. But it took him awhile. Kind of like Norman and Hardy

I keep saying this to you .. Showing you potential don't mean poo... He and 3 other players on your list haven't done poo to be considered solid picks yet..

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again you can't say poo because you are giving high grades to

1 season players

Guys who just started earning starting jobs

And guys who haven't made a pro bowl or done poo to even be considered avg. Players yer.. 

I’m not giving high grades.

KK is a beast!

Star is a solid NT on his worst day, he just doesn’t have many highlight plays

Shaq looked of Pro Bowl caliber until this year. This year he looked avg., if regression continues then he is off the list

Trai and Norwell are studs. B- on their bad days, A’s on their good days. About like Kalil, Ryan of course.

Bradberry regressed slightly this year, but still a solid #2 on any roster on his bad days.

Butler has had beast moments, but we will hold out a verdict until next year.

Larsen has looked good for a back up!

I think Beane gets credit for Addison

6 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Again I disagree.. You aren't going to convince me giving a person a chance to be a better person by bettering their lives .. Is a bad thing even if that person fugs up.. I give money to homeless  ppl sometimes with the "intent" on them using it for good and helping themselves.. It is not my fault if they use it for crack... WTF are you talking about??

Yeah, you're right about that. Indeed, WTF are you talking about?

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I keep saying this to you .. Showing you potential don't mean poo... He and 3 other players on your list haven't done poo to be considered solid picks yet..

Bradberry’s First two years have been just as solid as Gamble’s first two. However, Gamble never really regressed either but I don’t think he had a coordinator change after his rookie season

1 minute ago, Gin and Juice said:

Bradberry’s First two years have been just as solid as Gamble’s first two. However, Gamble never really regressed either but I don’t think he had a coordinator change after his rookie season

fug no... Bradbarry just had a sophomore slump.. He got roasted this year.  What team were you watching..

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Relative time frame they haven't done poo... Half your list need to do achevied something before I see them as solid picks..

With the exception of Manning, Norman, and Hardy, they have already done more than any of Hurney’s picks made from 25th overall to 7th rd. Norman and Hardy both looked like they weren’t going to make Practice cuts at least once during there first 3 years.

Keep in Mind 11 years of drafts to Gettleman’s 5.

Gettleman was not the Drafting genius many like to believe but he wasn’t horrible either, however, after Hurney, Gman seemed like a genius 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Analogy.. You can't be blamed trying to help somebody out.. 

How is Hurney to blame for Hardy being a women beating gun nut??

Being an NFL GM isn't about charity. A GM is absolutely accountable for checking out the backgrounds on draft candidates. When he takes a risk on someone with serious off field concerns and those off field concerns end up coming back to bite us in the ass in a major fashion, he absolutely deserves some blame for that situation.

Archived