• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney and drafting receivers

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Because Hurney felt Dwayne Jarrett could replace him.

It would be funny if it wasn't true.

What indication did we have that Dwayne Jarrett was gonna be a bust?  At the time it seemed like a good pick but the guy was lazy and put in no effort to be a good player. Not even smitty getting in his ear helped him. Dont see how you can put that all on hurney.

Just now, Gin and Juice said:

I haven’t seen him do anything GM like except agree to a trade that fell in his lap. 

He kinda botched the whole kicker thing!

Then there is letting two solid players hit the FA market. Can’t at least keep one of the two? I just hope he keeps Star before we end up celebrating the likes of a Hollis Thomas

Seem a little basis.. 

So he doesn't get credit for anything that happens he was GM?? Okay..

Letting them walk is due to the predecessors picking the other players at there position to pay...

Quick lesson if you pick 2 players at the same position and they develop into high dollar contracts at the same time.. You will lose one of them.. It happens all the time.. And if he did that .. It would be the same as what happen with Dwill and Stew.  Which we all agree was a mistake. 

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

What indication did we have that Dwayne Jarrett was gonna be a bust?  At the time it seemed like a good pick but the guy was lazy and put in no effort to be a good player. Not even smitty getting in his ear helped him. Dont see how you can put that all on hurney.

I don't like the Hindsight 20/20 poo.... 

How am I going to bitch about a move that at the time I wanted to happen.. Cheered it happened and would have done the same thing in the situation.. 

If I hated a move and it works out.. I admit I was wrong..  example (I hated the Kuchely pick)  I wanted Fletcher Cox .. I was wrong.. 

And vice versa.. I hated the Norman BS then and I still do now.. 

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I want you to replace Jarrett with Kony Ealy and let’s see if you feel the same way. I would bet a lot of $$$$ you weren’t this reasonable on here when discussing Ealy. 

What exactly should we blame him for? 

1 minute ago, Gin and Juice said:

You are right! Lol, that was such a no brainer that it is hard to credit him with the pick, but it was his pick

Hold  up dog... You can hate Hurney but you got to stop taking credit away for the things he did right.. 

David Carr and Joey Harrington was in that draft and we needed a qb..

7 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Hold  up dog... You can hate Hurney but you got to stop taking credit away for the things he did right.. 

David Carr and Joey Harrington was in that draft and we needed a qb..

I’m giving him credit! Lol, I’m just saying that he would have had to had been a royal dummy to mess that up! No.1 pick was a clear cut choice

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

He actually did the Superbowl in 2 and Nfc champ game in 4.. But you won't give him credit for that..

I forgot it was 2005 we lost in Champ game. No RB cost us that game.

some reason I was thinking 2008.

forgive me as I have become so used to playoffs over the last 5 years, that I chose to blackout our paper bag days

9 minutes ago, Gin and Juice said:

I’m giving him credit! Lol, I’m just saying that he would have had to had been a royal dummy to mess that up! No.1 pick was a clear cut choice

But it wasn't... You had 2 highly rated QB on the board.. QB position is always rated higher.. We needed a QB again.. Do you remember what our QB line up was at the time??

He choose the defensive player who had question about his effort... It wasn't a easy pick to make. 

Archived