• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 Safety - Kyzir White - WVU

Jeremy Igo

27 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Fug, Sanjay agrees with me. 

Time to rethink this. 

Actually you stole the idea from me, I was pushing for a FS like this since end of the season.

I think you & @Saca312 were still pushing for old man Adams 

P.S. at least your not picking a stellar WR lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR75hTTC3Uo_Ld3cQwLTVt

where is this guy?

@thomas96

@imminent rogaine

Did y'all find Shepard yet?

Me and Byrd chilling for 2018 season.

2 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Actually you stole the idea from me, I was pushing for a FS like this since end of the season.

where is this guy?

Someday, when you get all your alt’s together, we can discuss the difference between the two safety positions. 

4 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

where is this guy?

@thomas96

@imminent rogaine

Did y'all find Shepard yet?

Me and Byrd chilling for 2018 season.

You Byrd and Fred Ross

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like safety is a strong possibility in round 2 this year. 

As such, Keep an eye on WVU's Kyzir White. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kyzir-white?id=2560097

This sounds like a Ron Rivera strong safety to me. 

"Gift wrapped, NFL-ready frame with good length and well-distributed musculation. Expected to carry more weight and transition to hybrid role. Comes from athletic family that is highly supportive. Team captain and true team leader. Plays every down with the same level of grit and urgency -- even when he's away from the ball. Quick to diagnose. Supports run with vigor along the edge and in contain. Forceful hitter. Thumps and engulfs targets while running his feet to finish. Quick to diagnose play-action and retreat into coverage. Very physical with tight ends in man coverage. Has movement, size, and hands making it hard to finesse throws over him without risking a turnover. Absolute freight train as a blitzer who looks to leave a mark on the quarterback."

Hurney met with him personally at the Senior Bowl fwiw

https://twitter.com/TheJoeMarino/status/955942311644598272

While I'm not necessarily opposed, I think that it's important to keep perspective (and I hate micro print). 

Also per NFL.com:

Weaknesses

Safety role will have to be limited due to average play speed. Better playing downhill. Has man coverage limitations that may need to be managed according to the matchup. Sluggish to open hips and transition smoothly from off-coverage. Lacks fluid change of direction. Could take time to adjust to more weight and a more physical role. Needs to get stronger and better with his hands. Average athlete. Lacks explosiveness. Could see inconsistencies as open-field tackler.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like safety is a strong possibility in round 2 this year. 

As such, Keep an eye on WVU's Kyzir White. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/kyzir-white?id=2560097

This sounds like a Ron Rivera strong safety to me. 

"Gift wrapped, NFL-ready frame with good length and well-distributed musculation. Expected to carry more weight and transition to hybrid role. Comes from athletic family that is highly supportive. Team captain and true team leader. Plays every down with the same level of grit and urgency -- even when he's away from the ball. Quick to diagnose. Supports run with vigor along the edge and in contain. Forceful hitter. Thumps and engulfs targets while running his feet to finish. Quick to diagnose play-action and retreat into coverage. Very physical with tight ends in man coverage. Has movement, size, and hands making it hard to finesse throws over him without risking a turnover. Absolute freight train as a blitzer who looks to leave a mark on the quarterback."

All I know is we can't keep trotting out the Geriatric Duo of Coleman and Adams. So I'm 100% on board with this.

Archived