• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Bargain" Free Agents we should target.

Catufb85

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think Crowell might get a featured back opportunity somewhere. When you can put up pretty good numbers with the Browns given their atrocious QB situation, you deserve a real shot somewhere. I doubt he'd want to come to Carolina and play second fiddle to CMC.

Yeah, i think hes earn being a featured back in the league.  I think Crowell and CMC would be a great young one two punch.  A little "thunder" and a little "lightning."  I like Crowell's bullish running style. Fits this scheme.

I hate these threads year after year. We won't have to bargain basement FA if we let Norwell and Star walk, which is going to happen. Franchise a Kicker doesn't help. Either way, I didn't realize Crowell was a FA and would be a stellar addition. He had a good year in Cleveland if that's a thing and has been the one positive thing about their offense. Like him better than Duke. Cleveland would be wise to hold on to him though.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

I hate these threads year after year. We won't have to bargain basement FA if we let Norwell and Star walk, which is going to happen. Franchise a Kicker doesn't help. Either way, I didn't realize Crowell was a FA and would be a stellar addition. He had a good year in Cleveland if that's a thing and has been the one positive thing about their offense. Like him better than Duke. Cleveland would be wise to hold on to him though.

Hate the threads but its reality.  We haven't had a history of making splash in FA even letting our best players leave and freeing up money...

ill wait.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Armando Salguero reporting the Dolphins are likely to cut Lawrence Timmons and Julius Thomas (incoming Sanjay in 3...2...)

Mentioned Ja'Wuan James as a possible cut too but that doesn't sound likely.

Thomas is a JAG. He looked like he might become something that one year in Denver, but nope. I think he's a little better than Dickson so I'd be interested in a short term, low money deal.

Timmons... we don't have a ton of cap and LB is probably our strongest position group. Pass.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Thomas is a JAG. He looked like he might become something that one year in Denver, but nope. I think he's a little better than Dickson so I'd be interested in a short term, low money deal.

Timmons... we don't have a ton of cap and LB is probably our strongest position group. Pass.

Peyton Manning made Julius Thomas a lot of money.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

While we're at it...

Define "fair".

Yep, he was out of football all last year because he priced himself out of the market. Evidently there was quite a gap between what he thought he was worth and what 32 NFL teams independently thought he was worth. At this point, a year removed from football and 33 years old early next season, I'm thinking "fair" will likely be in the veteran minimum range.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, he was out of football all last year because he priced himself out of the market. Evidently there was quite a gap between what he thought he was worth and what 32 NFL teams independently thought he was worth. At this point, a year removed from football and 33 years old early next season, I'm thinking "fair" will likely be in the veteran minimum range.

The fact that he's talking about a "fair" offer after that doesn't inspire me to think he's quite caught on to reality just yet.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The fact that he's talking about a "fair" offer after that doesn't inspire me to think he's quite caught on to reality just yet.

Yeah, we'll have to see. Being out of work for a year may have been a big wake up call for him. Or, he may have a number in mind and be willing to stay away from the game if he can't get it. I can respect that. He hasn't made huge money by NFL standards in his career, but he's still made almost $10M in career earnings. As long as he hasn't been stupid with his money he should be set for life.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we'll have to see. Being out of work for a year may have been a big wake up call for him. Or, he may have a number in mind and be willing to stay away from the game if he can't get it. I can respect that. He hasn't made huge money by NFL standards in his career, but he's still made almost $10M in career earnings. As long as he hasn't been stupid with his money he should be set for life.

This...

Gary Barnidge hopes to get a job offer more to his liking this year

...doesn't sound encouraging.

Archived