• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for Billy Price....

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

Oh I totally agree. Though I would only want a WR at #24 if we couldn't snag one in FA

Honestly, I wouldn't mind both. Funchess is a free agent after this season. If he has a good season, someone might offer him stupid money. Even if he has another 800-900 yard season those types of WRs are getting $40M over 4 years. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I wouldn't mind both. Funchess is a free agent after this season. If he has a good season, someone might offer him stupid money. Even if he has another 800-900 yard season those types of WRs are getting $40M over 4 years. 

I just think the team has too many small holes to waste that much capital on the same position. I definitely see what you're saying though

Price and Cam can fight over music choice, lol. I really like some of the interior linemen in this draft. It's often the position that doesn't get pulled off the board until later (Only exception this year being Quinton Nelson who I believe will be top 10). Either Ragnow, Daniels, for our future center. Will Hernandez or Wynn for Guard.

Wynn is interesting in that he's a Georgia Left Tackle that's being asked to transition to Guard at the next level. Senior Bowl measurements have him at around 6-2 308 with 33-inch arms, prototypical guard size and not ideal for the outside. Panthers over years especially Hurney loves linemen who played multiple positions in college. Wynn could be a guy you try at LT at practice and see if he can handle it. If he can't then place him inside. He looked great in Senior Bowl along with Will Hernandez.

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Man if it is a choice between McGlinchey or Price that could get interesting.  Probably be Price with Matt eating up all that cap.

BTW:  I notice Pete Prisco gave the Panthers an OT for like the 20th straight year.  Wudda dik.  :eyeroll:

Trust me, you don't want McGlinchey unless you want him at RT. He can't handle speed rushers. If you like Matt Kalil, oh boy, you'll love seeing McGlinchey against competent DE with a speed rush. Watch his tape against Georgia or NC State's Bradley Chubb.  

1 minute ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Trust me, you don't want McGlinchey unless you want him at RT. He can't handle speed rushers. If you like Matt Kalil, oh boy, you'll love seeing McGlinchey against competent DE with a speed rush. Watch his tape against Georgia or NC State's Bradley Chubb.  

Chubb ate up just about everyone, but I see your point.  

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am hoping for a decent WR in FA. No receivers available at 24 this year will do anything this year or probably next year either. 

We need a starter in round 1. 

Agreed. And we don’t need another WR with growing pains. We’ve got 3 guys with good potential. Just need to sign a legit FA WR.

Archived