• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for Billy Price....

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Billy Price - Center/Guard - Ohio State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

Future pro bowl center who played left guard extensively. 

Replace Norwell with him now, and can replace Ryan Kalil long term. 

Makes a ton of sense for the Panthers in the late first round. 

...but, what will Hurney do,....

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

If/when Ryan Kalil gets hurt, Price moves from LG to C and Moton cones in at LG. This will be the starters the following year when Kalil retires if we draft Price. Moton can also come in for Williams if he gets hurt or regresses. 

And still no LT...not a good scenario...

4 hours ago, UpstatePanther said:

Im all for this. you cant fill a team with all WR, DB, and DEs.

I wouldn't mind trying. Because right now our WRs are completely unproven and unheralded, our DBs are pretty much trash, and our DEs are the AARP crew.

Hence why I would greatly prefer if our pick at #24 was a WR, DB, or DE. Hopefully the draft can play out in a manner to make that feasible.

10 hours ago, grimesgoat said:

He's been my target for a while.  Plays LG this year and then slides to C next year (assuming Kalil makes it a whole year).  Then Moton can play LG in 2019.  Need to address LT in the near future - perhaps with one of our thirds.

If we are also looking to address LT would we be better off drafting a LT in the 1st and a G/C type in the third?  You might have a better chance of getting 2 good players doing that instead of G/C in first and LT in third.  A lot of people are saying this year is heavy on quality interior linemen in the draft.

In some ways this pick is going to be heavily influenced by the coaches.  If they believe Moton has the potential to play LT and Larsen can play center then it would make sense to draft a guard prospect.  If they have faith in Kalil and expect Moton to play guard then a center prospect makes sense.  If we don't have faith in Kalil or Lasen but do have faith in Moton to play guard we need a LT and a center.

I've thought for a while that ther eis a very good chance we end up going RB or guard/center type in the first.  I'm not saying we should I just think there is a good chance that the board falls that way and it lines up with our need.  Kirk might be redundant with Samuel, Sutton might be redundant with Funchess, and not sure if there will be a DE worthy of that spot.  I wouldn't mind a safety but our coaches seem to like "experienced ones" and I'm not sure if the right one will be there at 24.  Maybe CB will be in play?

Either way RB, Guard, or Center seems like a very safe pick for where we are picking, especially since we might have a GM on a one year trial if new owners are coming in.  If I was in Hurney's shoes I might want to play it safe and draft safe guys that could help quickly.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Correct. You have to look else where or draft one with another pick. You can’t pick a guard/center replacement AND your future LT with one pick....

I say pick the LT...Larsen and Moton can handle c/og...Id bank on that more than waiting to see if Moton can play LT and falling further behind...

38 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

I say pick the LT...Larsen and Moton can handle c/og...Id bank on that more than waiting to see if Moton can play LT and falling further behind...

I’d be ok with this if the right LT is available at 24. Price seems like a sure thing and I’m not 100% sold on Larsen’s run blocking skills. I see where you are coming from though, we have avoided drafting a good LT since Gross left.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't mind trying. Because right now our WRs are completely unproven and unheralded, our DBs are pretty much trash, and our DEs are the AARP crew.

Hence why I would greatly prefer if our pick at #24 was a WR, DB, or DE. Hopefully the draft can play out in a manner to make that feasible.

Oh I totally agree. Though I would only want a WR at #24 if we couldn't snag one in FA

Archived