• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for Billy Price....

Jeremy Igo

With Ryan Kalil reaching the twilight of his career, I have to agree this is the guy you snag with a late 1st round pick. He seems to be the perfect guy to spend a season learning the craft from a perennial Pro Bowl player. He seems to be built in the mold of Kalil, just a bit bigger and with a mean streak, and has a good head on his shoulders. Center is a position for a smart guy.

Some fans will howl if this is the pick, and they'd be the same ones who howled when we picked Ryan Kalil back in the day. This would be a great value pick for long-term team building.

One concern is how coachable he is. Lots of edge means he has a mean streak but also can make him oppositional and difficult as well. Sometimes being out there is a good thing but it also could be bad. I would definitely want to do my due diligence before signing him to a first round big money contract.

I don’t like Price at G much. But he looks like a great C. I’m so determined to fix the OL that even with all the holes we have, I wouldn’t mind drafting a tackle like Kolton Miller or McGlinchey in the first to groom at LT for a year and draft a C like Frank Ragnow in the 2nd/3rd. Plug Moton in at G. Miller/McGlinchey and Ragnow take over in 2019 with the Kalil brothers gone.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Billy Price - Center/Guard - Ohio State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

Future pro bowl center who played left guard extensively. 

Replace Norwell with him now, and can replace Ryan Kalil long term. 

Makes a ton of sense for the Panthers in the late first round. 

Big fan.  Brother in law is an OSU grad who lives in Columbus--attends all home games.  He said Price is the real deal, as is Ward (CB).  He added that he would not take Hubbard (DE) until round 3 and Webb S until 5th.

Price is good enough to play C now if we like Moton and decide that Kalil for 6 games is not worth the $$

Im all for this. you cant fill a team with all WR, DB, and DEs. sometimes you have to take a big nasty as well. emphasis on both the big and the nasty. It would be a good pick and i would not complain.

truth be told, you could justify a first round pick for alot of positions on our team at the moment. WR, DB, DE, DT, LT, G, C, RB, and even TE could justifiably be used on a first round pick. I'd be pissed if we took a LB with our first with Kuechly and Thompson there, Davis' retirement nonwithstanding. and i would lose all faith in the front office if they chose a QB or K with a gotdamn first rounder. RT isnt as much of an issue (Thank God... remember Chandler???) and would also piss me off. 

Truth be told, aside from those couple positions i just mentioned, i wont care who we take in the first so long as that kid is a day one starter. We better not chose some project cus that would piss me off too.

Archived