• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The case for Billy Price....

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Billy Price - Center/Guard - Ohio State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

Future pro bowl center who played left guard extensively. 

Replace Norwell with him now, and can replace Ryan Kalil long term. 

Makes a ton of sense for the Panthers in the late first round. 

He's been my target for a while.  Plays LG this year and then slides to C next year (assuming Kalil makes it a whole year).  Then Moton can play LG in 2019.  Need to address LT in the near future - perhaps with one of our thirds.

From the linked profile:

"Can be a challenging personality to deal with according to scouts."

"Man he is a different kind of guy altogether. Has a lot of edge for sure. Love his toughness and his grit and wait until you see him at the combine. He might hit 40 on the bench and he's going to run well too." -- AFC team pro personnel director

I'm sold. Call me crazy but i want a mean and prickly son of a bitch on my line. They mention him lacking length but that should be a huge issue on the interior, right?

Philly brough in guys like this, shoved the ball down people's throats and kept their QB clean - especially in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, mjligon said:

I like it. 

Seems like one of those patented Hurney first rounders.

only to be followed up with a bunch of Ryne Robinson, Eric Shelton, and Everette Browns.

Maybe we can trade up and get Orlando Brown, too. You know Hurney likes a trade up. Maybe this one would actually work out for a change.

I'm sure my opinion will change multiple times over the next two months, but currently I'm firmly in the camp of addressing the trenches in round one of the draft and targeting a weapon for Cam in free agency. Cam definitely needs weapons and it would foolish not to address an offensive skill player at some point during the draft, but he also needs help right away. We need a veteran receiver that can come in on day one and start / produce alongside of Funchess. We can get a receiver in the mid to late rounds and develop them with Samuel, Byrd, etc.  

While Cam needs weapons, he also needs protection and the defense needs young impact pass rushers. I think if we can take BPA at DE or OL at 24 that's a good, smart investment in this team. If the pick is Billy Price I would not be mad. I also like Isaiah Wynn and James Daniels for interior OL.

I do not see Moton as a LT . . . most scouts were unconvinced he was even a RT.  A number of scouts thought he'd be excellent on the interior.  Even if all he ever does is replace Norwell, he's a huge draft win.  Some folks are really high on his football intelligence, in which case he might even project as a possible replacement for Ryan at center.

But LT?  No.  Watch his tape.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Billy Price - Center/Guard - Ohio State

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/billy-price?id=2559911

Future pro bowl center who played left guard extensively. 

Replace Norwell with him now, and can replace Ryan Kalil long term. 

Makes a ton of sense for the Panthers in the late first round. 

Or move Moton to center who can take DTs & NTs  on 1 vs 1 blocking which frees up 2 of your All Pro Guars to do pulll and down hill block.

AKA best running game in the league.

Archived