• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This franchise will look so different a year from now.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Lol so he is worth top 5 money and Norwell isn't?

Gano would be making top 5 money for HIS POSITION.  Norwell would be making top 5 money for the highest paid position along the OL.  The tag for Gano would be relatively comparable with what he would likely garner on the open market. The tag for Norwell would not be. No one is giving a guard LT money.

I'm honestly not sure why you're having such difficulty comprehending this.

26 minutes ago, Snake said:

Lol so he is worth top 5 money and Norwell isn't?

Gano is a top 5 kicker, especially based upon last season when he was the best. Norwell is not a top 5 O-lineman.  If they started separating the tackles from the guards,  then it would be different.  He is a top 5 guard, especially based upon last season. 

Honestly,  I wouldn't tag either one,  but Gano is by far the cheapest,  and I understand why they'd do it because it's not going to really hurt us that much,  and the FO isn't setting the bar for an 8-8 season at best.

13 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Once new ownership came in it was like a rebirth of the franchise. Everything changed including the overall feel of the team. No longer old and conservative. Things moved quickly into a more fun and relaxed atmosphere. Pretty much all the changes were for the better. 

I think this all depends on how much damage Hurney is allowed to do to this roster between now and the time new ownership blows him out the door. We can survive a Draft and possibly Free Agency but if he hinders the Cap for years as he did last time he was fired we're screwed for years, despite what new ownership might want to do.

One other thing though re exciting ownership, aren't the Bucs currently on a decade long no Playoff streak? No thanks.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Gano would be making top 5 money for HIS POSITION.  Norwell would be making top 5 money for the highest paid position along the OL.  The tag for Gano would be relatively comparable with what he would likely garner on the open market. The tag for Norwell would not be. No one is giving a guard LT money.

I'm honestly not sure why you're having such difficulty comprehending this.

Insults are a way of a loser you know. Norwell can be tagged and resigned and it's not like we haven't carried a huge cap number before in Hardy who sat the whole year. I find it laughable that you think letting Norwell walk is ok while paying Gano 5 million to miss half of his field goals. I guess you really didn't watch Matt Kalil play last year or maybe missed Tyler Larsen, or maybe you are just angry because you are talking out of your ass but either way it's stupid to pay Gano and not Norwell. 

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

Insults are a way of a loser you know. Norwell can be tagged and resigned and it's not like we haven't carried a huge cap number before in Hardy who sat the whole year. I find it laughable that you think letting Norwell walk is ok while paying Gano 5 million to miss half of his field goals. I guess you really didn't watch Matt Kalil play last year or maybe missed Tyler Larsen, or maybe you are just angry because you are talking out of your ass but either way it's stupid to pay Gano and not Norwell. 

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm genuinely baffled at how you can't comprehend these simple concepts.

What successful NFL team has two big money guards? Turner is already the 3rd highest paid guard in the NFL in terms of average dollars per year in his contract. Norwell will almost certainly be the highest once he signs his new deal. Why has no NFL team tagged a guard since 2011? Is it perhaps because all OL are grouped together under the tag and teams refuse to pay a guard like a top 5 LT?

I'm not saying to tag Gano, I'm simply saying I understand the decision if we do. Gano would get a deal averaging near tag value if he hit the open market. Norwell would not.

What's stupid is to compare one player who would make around $5M per year to another player who would make roughly three times that.

Archived